Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just go my first Aero....

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Me hanging out with a new co-worker. Nice guy but he's a little "stiff" if you know whatta mean!

Worf

IMG_1015.jpg

Worf, does your new LHB still sit upright in the chair, as in the above picture, or does it gently flop over now that you have worn it daily 16/24 hours? :D Hope you are enjoying the New Year. :party:

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hi, Worf:
I don't know how I've missed this thread until now, but, I'd like to add my congrats on a really nice jacket that does fit like a custom job. Sweet. Thanks for the pics; they help keep us all hungry for another jacket.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the love JM, better late than never to any thread. If I had your build I'd be buying more but as Peacoat said earlier, "the next time won't be so easy". The custom "bespoke" jacket field can be a long, time consuming slog to get the fit "just right". This time I just rolled the dice and came up "7". And Fanch, nope my office mate is still pretty effin' stiff. It sags a "leeetle beet" but does NOT flop over yet. The bottom is definately getting softer by the day. I figure by next fall it'll be comfortable to wear.

Thanks all...

Worf

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Worf,

Just saw the new pics. Man that jacket is very cool. I like it! Makes me want to buy one, but already have too many. You look great.

Will this be your go to winter jacket? Is there enough room for a heavy sweater?

Dave

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf,

Just saw the new pics. Man that jacket is very cool. I like it! Makes me want to buy one, but already have too many. You look great.

Will this be your go to winter jacket? Is there enough room for a heavy sweater?

Dave
Thanks Dmdmorris, Nick and you too Brando (man I like that brim) I've been wearing the LHB this winter but it's still so stiff that I only wear it above freezing. I've been wearing it around the house from the start working on it where and when I can. By next Fall though Lookout!

Worf

Brando11

A-List Customer
Thanks, buddy. I got an Aero HB Deluxe earlier this year myself, in black FQHH. Out of the box, it was so stiff I couldn't wear it. It was like a suit of armor.

I ended up spraying the arms with hot water, which made 'em buttery soft. Then I zipped it up and started wearing it around the house all evening long. It's only a few months later, but I wear it to work every day now and it just keeps getting better and better.

Best of luck!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Maybe it's just that I expected it to be like corrugated iron, but I'm not finding my LHB's stiffness unwearable.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Maybe it's just that I expected it to be like corrugated iron, but I'm not finding my LHB's stiffness unwearable.

It was -3 degrees Farenheit here this morning, if I wore the LHB today I'd be stuck to the side walk unable to bend at the waist. Cold makes the leather stiffer, you know that! I can wear the jacket and like doing it but in order to walk around in it outside I have to be able to... you know move.

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It was -3 degrees Farenheit here this morning, if I wore the LHB today I'd be stuck to the side walk unable to bend at the waist. Cold makes the leather stiffer, you know that! I can wear the jacket and like doing it but in order to walk around in it outside I have to be able to... you know move.

Worf

Ah, that's not something I've encountered yet. It's just been mild and wet here. I'll need to get a shift on and soften it up a bit more before the worst of the cold weather comes in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112