Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

projectthx138

New in Town
Hat looks good. You could always cut down the brim a quarter of an inch. are your boots ostrich leg?

Thank You Pike.............. :) Yeah, if I only know how to trim down the brim, I would have done it a long time ago............ :) Yes, my boots are ostrich leg boots............ :D

OK I've watched all of 1st and 3rd series and now watching the Final series...Rayland is awesome and so is Limehouse, the black guy that wears the beat up panama...and Boyd Crowder.

Bolero, as a Detroit fellow I'm sure you're familiar with Elmore Leonard. If you haven't read his novels "Pronto", "Riding the Rap", both featuring Raylan Givens and the novella "Fire in the Hole", upon which Justified is based, you might enjoy them. I know I did but I'm a longtime Leonard fan.

Thank You Pike.............. :) Yeah, if I only know how to trim down the brim, I would have done it a long time ago............ :) Yes, my boots are ostrich leg boots............ :D
Trimmed my Carson with no trouble. Get a pencil, ruler, sharp scissors, sandpaper. Use the ruler to mark width all around, about 1/16" wider than desired, then connect the dots, cut along the line to the inside.
Use sandpaper to smooth out the edge.

projectthx138

New in Town
Trimmed my Carson with no trouble. Get a pencil, ruler, sharp scissors, sandpaper. Use the ruler to mark width all around, about 1/16" wider than desired, then connect the dots, cut along the line to the inside.
Use sandpaper to smooth out the edge.

THANKS gtdean48................ :) Now I have a project this week.................. ;)

One of the Regulars
Speaking of bourbon, one should definitely try Blanton's. It's truly wonderful stuff.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. That's the stuff Art keeps in his office, right? Love the scene where he refuses Raylan a refill so Raylan drinks his shot while his back is turned.

Looking good, Project THX138. I invested in a brim trimmer for my hat slicing project. They come in 1/8 or 1/2 inch sizes.
1360037.jpg

Reactions: RJR

projectthx138

New in Town
OK, I trimmed my hat last night and it looks 100% better.................... :) THANKS gtdean48 for telling me how to do this.......... :) I will post photos as soon as I get some taken.................. ;)

RJR

I'll keep my eyes peeled. That's the stuff Art keeps in his office, right? Love the scene where he refuses Raylan a refill so Raylan drinks his shot while his back is turned.

Looking good, Project THX138. I invested in a brim trimmer for my hat slicing project. They come in 1/8 or 1/2 inch sizes.
1360037.jpg
You'll like that brim cutter;be careful on thin,soft brims.

Reactions: 007

projectthx138

New in Town
That's more like it. What does the brim measure now? About 3 3/4?

Thank You, but just remember that this is just one of many hats that Raylan wears............. ;)

The hat brim on my new custom job is now 3 inches. It was originally 4 inches and I took 1 inch off all the way around the hat. :cool:

One of the Regulars
Both of you did a good job on the brimtrimming and your hats look great. Makes me wonder if a fellow needs 3 or 4 hats in this style with various brim widths. Not like I really need an excuse to buy another hat...

Shooter

New in Town
Man you have done a great job. I am planning to do something similar, however i dont know if i know how. I mean reshaping ok, but trimming - cutting it? How did you manage that?
I used one of those brim cutters posted by 007 above, well worth the investment if you don't trust yourself to do it by hand

Reactions: 007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana