• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

L.L. Bean Summer 2012 cover

Discussion in 'The Reading Room' started by Lady Day, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Yep, I saw the catalog and thought it might be a recreation. It had that classic vibe.
  3. Chaps

Chaps One of the Regulars

4. Looks like one of those "How many differences can you find between these 2 pictures?" things. Wondered why they reversed the colors on the child's clothes.
  5. I have it here, too, and also got the vintage vibe. I didn't know it was deliberate recreation, though. Very cool.
  6. Selective dyslexia?
  7. Neat!
  8. How about the top button being undone on the (new) female's shirt?...Had to "add" that, didn't they? And notice how the original man's trousers are higher waisted? Too bad they couldn't recreate that...
  9. They got the basin on the stump, but couldn't find plain brown oxfords for the kid. Hmm . . . brown oxford shoes for little kids, that goes into the "Vintage things that have disappeared in your life time" thread.
  10. I wonder what hat the guy in the modern pic is wearing!
  11. Well, as far differences go, I'm willing to bet that the child in the illustration is a boy and I'm fairly certain that the child in the photograph is a girl.
  12. Derek Cavin

Derek Cavin One of the Regulars

We have the catalog. My wife loves LL Bean. Very cool -- thanks for sharing.