• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Lacing Shoes

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Mycroft, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I guess by inventing and using the "Ian Knot", which he can tie in "one third of the time of a conventional knot", he has loads of time to work on this fascinating web site! :rolleyes:

2. Yea, I agree lots of time and effort were put into this sight.
  3. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

I just stumbled upon this site by chance and found it quite interesting. When I wanted to post a thread all about it in the FL, I did a search first. ;)

So let's *BUMP* this!
  4. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

You know, I hadn't mentioned in my previous post my intention for looking up various lacings.

Does anyone know what lacings are more "formal" or which lacings are more Golden era?
  5. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

all i know is i tend to leave the top two eyelets unlaced so i have a "standing tongue" to put jeans under and more ankle freedom..lol..
  6. redtag

redtag Banned

Thank you for sharing the link, Mycroft. I am a very busy person so I do not have the time to do experiments on my shoe lace. But would really love to try this one of these days.
  7. Lefty

Lefty I'll Lock Up

I've been using the Roman lacing on a couple of pairs for a few years now. It looks great on a nice pair of shoes and always seems to capture a compliment.