Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies show us your best.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Thanks ladies,you're too sweet!

GHT—The dress has an empire waist with piping in the (empire) seam. I would have to separate the top, bottom, piping, and zipper to let the dress out. It's tightest just above the diaphragm, which is where the empire seam is located. I guess women in the 50's didn't do a whole lot of lat pull-downs. I do quite a bit of sewing, and I would rather make a replica than tamper with this little gem. It's red velvet and absolutely pristine. The fabric is not soiled or faded, and the velvet isn't even crushed!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Here we are at a wedding this summer! My husband's suit is vintage and so is my dress. They were purchased at Ragtime Vintage Clothing in Ottawa (everything together was less than $300). That dress was SOOO tight! Because of the perfect condition it is in, I'm afraid to alter it. I spent the later part of the evening wearing my stole (to hide the fact that the back was partially unzipped!)

I've got over 25 suits but boy I got suit envy looking at your mans suit.

You don't see many pinstripes in brown that suit is the cats meow !

All The Best ,Fashion Frank

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You don't see many pinstripes in brown that suit is the cats meow !
All The Best ,Fashion Frank
Have to agree with you Frank, I have a similar suit, it got so much attention at my God-daughter's wedding that my wife had to remind the photographer just whose happy day it was.

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
My auntie was busy again: she altered a dress for me that a friend's friend gave me and that might very well become my summer favorite.
It's light as a feather, cotton top and rayon lining, with a pussy bow.
Oh, and it has half long sleeves - I forgot to take a picture without the cardi.

cakesandcakes

New in Town
Here we are at a wedding this summer! My husband's suit is vintage and so is my dress. They were purchased at Ragtime Vintage Clothing in Ottawa (everything together was less than $300). That dress was SOOO tight! Because of the perfect condition it is in, I'm afraid to alter it. I spent the later part of the evening wearing my stole (to hide the fact that the back was partially unzipped!)

This is so gorgeous! I love that fur cape. I have a similar one, and every time I wear it people can't seem to resist petting me. I'll have to find a reason to bring it out again before it gets to warm.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Looking good everyone! I haven't dresses 40s in a while (been doing 60s and 70s a lot lately). I went out like this last night and nothing but compliments!

10457579_10152325544339164_6181928542177679899_n.jpg

AvavanBlythe

Familiar Face
I absolutely love that shade of blue! The pattern on your dress is just right. Not too busy and adds character. :)

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Question:

What do you ladies wear underneath sheer blouses? I have been finding a lot of beautiful blouses lately but unfortunately they are sheer. I'm thinking of maybe just a one piece shapewear underneath but just wanted to seek out any alternatives.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Question:

What do you ladies wear underneath sheer blouses? I have been finding a lot of beautiful blouses lately but unfortunately they are sheer. I'm thinking of maybe just a one piece shapewear underneath but just wanted to seek out any alternatives.

I usually wear a vintage camisole or slip under sheer blouses or dresses. Target carries camisoles that are a good approximation, usually in beige and black. I avoid wearing anything too tight because it doesn't give me the look I like.

Mojito

One Too Many
ChinoiserieDress_zps79407a68.jpg
Lovely early 1920s beaded dress I bought recently (and a rather grim expression on my part, I'm afraid!). The beaded motif on this has quite subtle colour shadings, and is lovely and sinuous.

Mojito

One Too Many
Thank you, Stray Cat! I was hugely amused when I saw the photos my friend took, as I have the same intensly serious expression in all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot