Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Tonight I'll be having some grilled fish (whiting) with salad & later on I'll watch The Ashes (test match cricket between Australia & the UK) where the Australians will be comprehensively thrashed (and rightly so, we've been utter rubbish this series).

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
One of my stunts for licking insomnia is to keep an old phone book by the bed. When I can't fall asleep I'll turn the light on, grab the phone book, open it to a random page and just start reading it, trying to concentrate on the names and numbers. Before too long, whatever was keeping me awake has disappeared from my mind and I can fall right to sleep.

As for me, I'm eating my evening ration of fiber and listening to the end of "Maxwell House Good News of 1939." Some soupy concert piece is being performed, rather inappropriate for a program selling coffee. This will be my last relaxing evening for the next ten days -- a big film festival thing takes place a week from this weekend, and I'll be working at least eighty hours next week getting all the films prepared for screening,.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Hope they're not too severe -- and are healing well!

I'm working till 1030pm tonite, and will be working from 9 am to 1030pm tomorrow. But a week ago I was in the emergency room being poked and prodded and x-rayed, so this is actually an improvement.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I want to go to bed but my tummy is rebelling. I was so hungry and tried to eat, but hiccups and acid. I don't know what's up. I'd go to bed right now if I felt better.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water might help. Acid stomach and I are old, old friends.

My ER visit was digestive in nature, and they put me on some stuff that was supposed to clear me out, but so far the results have not been entirely satisfying. And I'd give my left arm for a pizza, but alas, it is not to be.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Halloween so the kids will go trick or treating (by which I mean my almost 3 year old daughter will madly dash to get as much candy in her mouth as possible and we'll hold the baby up in his homemade costume so I can get compliments on my creativity).

First we'll hit the local store that's doing a free trick or treat. Then we'll do dinner at a friends who has a 4 and 2 year old and then go around their neighborhood. I bought some candy, but since it's our first year here in this apartment complex, I have no idea if we'll get kids or not.

We'll see how this goes. I love halloween and have to admit that we've been soaking up any of the free or low cost events we can get our hands on. Our daughter is prime age to love holidays, and I love that having a kid lets me be a kid again, especially since I missed out on a lot of things like halloween parties and didn't get to go trick or treating every year as a child.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I got home half an hour ago. I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I need a late dinner and I need to fix the straps on the t-strap pumps I bought if I want to wear them to church tomorrow (too big and one is sewn a bit crooked). I bought two new tops and I may wear one tomorrow, so that'll have to be washed to get some of the sizing chemicals and whatnot off. What I'd really like to do is crochet a snood. I know I can do it in one night, but do I really want to stay up to do so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ