• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by vintageTink, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Well, that makes me feel really bad for JoAnn's employees. Darn, the ones near me are like superheroes. They are so kind and helpful.

2. St. Louis

St. Louis Practically Family

All I can say is, tonight there's not enough damned beer in the world.

3. swanson_eyes

swanson_eyes Practically Family

I had hamburger soup and a glass of wine for dinner. The wine is so I don't notice how much my carpal tunnel is bothering me. This job is killing me.

4. St. Louis

In fact let's all just quit our jobs and join a 1939 village somewhere in the middle of nowhere (I actually know of one) and forbid the internet, keyboards, cheap perfume, yoga pants, and rude driving.

I'm sorry, Swanson. I hope you can find a way to be more comfortable.

AmateisGal likes this.
  5. I spent last night sleeping in a very unrestful way, and woke up to find that my cat had gotten sick on the bed. Took me a minute to realize that it was her and not me.

6. swanson_eyes

I've been wearing my splint at work. It's minimally helpful.

7. Oh my god, yes.

Lady Day likes this.
  8. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

I just finished watching The Mortal Storm (1940) on TCM. I've got some homemade veggie soup in the crockpot. I haven't decided whether I'm going to watch the collge football game tonight (Nebraska Huskers) or if I'm going to do some reading and maybe some writing.

9. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

I am playing the game of can I make an interesting cocktail from the near empty bottles in my bar. So far so good (finished this rum).

yum.jpg

10. We used to keep a fully stocked bar (like fully stocked in terms of stuff you'd mix together). One of my great past times was creating new drinks from various things.

We were slowly picking away at it by attrition for an upcoming move and were down to like 8 semi-filled bottles of additives. I was on bedrest for four months and only went downstairs in the house once a week; imagine my shock when my daughter was 4 months old and I went down to the pantry find one bottle of Galliano (my husband hates the stuff) and half a bottle of blue curacao. What can you make with only Galliano and curacao?

Tonight I caught up on email, am going to do my Lymphadema pump, and at some point I need to sew up my daughter's pair of mittens. So she has something to wear if it snows...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Lady Day likes this.
  11. Wire9Vintage

Wire9Vintage A-List Customer

I have grading to do so... I just watched Timeless and am now looking around the lounge. Thinking about cleaning the bathroom. That's usually my go-to when there's grading waiting

12. swanson_eyes

I went to the mall after work to get some tights because pantyhose aren't cutting it anymore. I ended up staying until almost 9:00.

13. St. Louis

Chocolate pudding, a little TV, a little knitting.

14. swanson_eyes

I didn't go anywhere after work but it's already almost 8:00. I've got to get some laundry in the machine. I might bake something.

15. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

This evening will be what I do most evenings, a new beer and dinner.
    Both of which I enjoy often :)

hggr.jpg

16. Miss Moonlight

Miss Moonlight A-List Customer

Relaxing to the sounds of all too rare rain, trying to find interesting forums and blogs that haven't been lost to the Facebook vortex, and I've just started a wonderful little movie from 1944, called San Diego, I Love You. Starring Jon Hall, Louise Allbritton and Edward Everett Horton. The housing shortage and high rents in the film... could apply right now to San Diego, too.

17. St. Louis

Wire9Vintage, I love Timeless! Tonight, a little more knitting & maybe graham crackers and tea. My Christmas tree is beautiful and I just got a note that a $837 medical bill is actually a mistake & the lab doesn't want me to pay the bill after all, or at least not for a few months until they sort out the bookkeeping error.

I hope you're all staying warm.

18. Staff party tonight after work, and the jinks promise to be high. The kids wrapped my entire office in Xmas paper over the weekend, so I'm trying to think of an appropriate rejoinder. Ho Ho Ho.

Mlle Elza and St. Louis like this.
  19. swanson_eyes

I'm currently watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I was thinking of going to Macy's to look at boots, but the streets are slippery and my brakes aren't the best. Fortunately I'm stocked up on food. I have to work at 9:00 am but maybe I could get some baking done. I don't need to, but it's nice.

20. St. Louis

Tonight I'm having mulled wine with some women in the neighborhood. I think one of them is making chocolate desserts. I'll probably be home long before Midnight.