Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Having just gotten home from work I'm heating up my supper and after eating it will refuse to give the steaming pile that is 2016 even the dignity of acknowledging its passing by going straight to bed. Blessed unconsciousness will be my final message to the Year That Was.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I did some shopping after work and then went home to clean up the kitchen and make something to work. Needed to sit down after standing all day so I sat down to peruse the web and drink a decaf mocha. I have champagne, but I just don't want it. I have to really be in the mood for alcohol; I just tend to prefer tea or coffee. I never intended to stay up this late (it's 12:09 am) but I had something I wanted to post on another board, something I needed to get off my chest. So I greet 2017 a little lighter-burdened. Also my ibuprofen is kicking in, so while I start off the new year in pain as usual, it's not as bad as it was an hour ago. I'll go to bed once the fireworks die down. I have to detangle and braid my hair anyhow. And there are a few more dishes.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You ever think of when you're moving chucking the last 20 or so boxes... the ones you haven't unpacked in the first week?

I always think about it, but I end up opening them up and finding two groups of things: oh my gosh I need that and why did I pack this????

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I've been driving around surrounding towns because now that I have a car that's safe to drive I CAN. But now that I've finished my supper and it's getting darker I'm going home to do laundry, take down Christmas and put up Valentine's day (theme: colors are red and chocolate brown & I'll use silk roses, metallic beads, and funny Valentine singing plushies in the living room while in the bathroom will be velvet embroidered towels and a pretty candle). I should do some baking but I just don't feel like it.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight I took the kids to Friendly's. It's the first time I've taken both of them to "sit down" restaurant... as the only adult, outnumbered. We've done fast-food type places alone together, but never a real sit down and order your food. (I take the two of them out by myself all the time, but I normally pack food.)

Besides the one year old screaming a bit before the food came (I had to get up and walk with him, partially my fault because he only got like 30% of his nap today) everything went great. Our three year old was wonderful and waited patiently at the table while I walked around with her brother. Server was fantastic (and I tipped her so).

I'm feeling quite proud the place wasn't burnt to the ground.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I moved earlier in the month so Im cramming the last of my stuff in unpacked spaces. Im down to the last 10 boxes and I want them empty. I'm widdling them down...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's my fear. Not unpacking something, re-buying it, and then having two! WHen I moved this time, I threw out a good 10% of my stuff. Felt fantastic.
Now everything I own is in this one space, and Im making sure I have room in it.

St. Louis

Practically Family
Tonight I'm taking it easy, after taking a long walk through downtown today and standing for a couple of hours listening to some interesting ladies express their views ... ;)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Daughter and I went to Barnes and Noble to do some writing plus some browsing (amazingly, I didn't buy anything!). Came home and been doing laundry. Now I'm in bed watching Dana Andrews in Fallen Angel.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight I'm just taking the time to enjoy my new organized space. I walked and fed the dog, so he is content and sleeping, and its quiet, so Im just listening to a little music and sipping some coffee. Its super nice.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
I cleaned the living room today, top to bottom. So tonight, my husband made deep dish pizza and I watched The African Queen on TV. Thinking about a bath...

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight is going to be night #3 of making baby bibs. One of my closest friends from college is expecting her first, and I'm making her baby bibs (like 18 of them, she will never be without one), trunk blankets, and cloth wipes (for cloth diapering). And as usual, I went overboard. Her baby shower is Saturday!

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I ran a couple of errands after work and then came home and made dinner. Now I'm playing online and watching X Files on Netflix. I never got to see it in the '90s. There were many times during that decade when I didn't have a TV, didn't have one that worked, was not home, or whatever.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
After a week the likes of which I hope never have to experience again -- something very bad happened to one of the kids to whom I'm closest -- the bright maraschino cherry on top came yesterday, when my fifteen-year old laptop smoked its logic board just as I was in the middle of writing a 2500 word article that's due by the middle of the month. I just had time to save the half-finished piece, go to eBay and order a replacement logic board before everything disappeared in a dramatic flare of colorful static and then went black.

I have just spent the better part of an hour gutting the laptop like a mackerel on my kitchen table in preparation for the installation of the replacement board, and found many interesting things inside, including cat hair, food crumbs, and pulverized bits of dust that have flaked off the so-called titanium casting that holds the thing together.

But I got that laptop for free in 2005 and I am determined to get my money's worth out of it.

St. Louis

Practically Family
I'm sorry, Lizzie, I hope your young friend recovers. Also your laptop.

My life is so boring I have nothing whatever to report about tonight.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I hope your kid-worker gets better, Lizzie.

I just finished organizing my hall closet and I feel so clean having done so. Freed up a lot of space. Was going to give the dog a bath, but I decided I needed one instead ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk