Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
I stupidly bent down to pick up something behind my horse and he kicked me right in the eye--so I'm trying to relax as my eye swells up. It's not as bad as it could have been: 1) we don't put shoes on his back feet, 2) my glasses took the brunt of it--and aside from a good scratch, didn't break and 3) he got me in that tiny area that was not my eye socket or temple. So I just look like I got in a fight with a good couple of cuts and some swelling.

My pride is hurt worse--in 30 years of being around horses, I've been hurt twice. Both times just being dumb dumb dumb. Still, counting my blessings!

Hope everyone else is good!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sorry you got kicked, Wire9. I grew up on a sheep farm and every time I got hurt it was stupidity on my part.

I made 48 blue royal icing roses for my daughter's birthday cake tonight. I'm going to have a martini and head to bed.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I came home and snaked the toilet, ugh. Now I'm online because tonight--due to taking a half day off work--I have the time. I've been watching my favorites on youtube and chatting on message boards. I did a bit of apartment hunting, too. But I have to go put away the things I bought and clean up the kitchen.

St. Louis

Practically Family
What are you reading? I could some suggestions.

I had chocolate pudding for dessert and now I'm going to curl up with a terrifying murder mystery.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Drinking beer and working on illustrations...that involve beer.
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 10.53.06 PM.png

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just finished replacing the picture tube in my television set -- found a new-old-stock 17HP4 on eBay and spent a chunk of my tax refund on it -- and am now trying to figure out what to do with the old one, which I scrounged from a junkyard in 1986 and got more life than I expected out of it. When in doubt, wrestle the box into the attic and let the people who clean out my house in twenty years worry about it.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tonight I'm looking forward to traveling to my husband's cousin's house for dinner. We've just moved from NY to Virginia and she's less than an hour away. The kids love her.

Since my husband and I respectively moved out of our parents at 18, the closest we've been to family is 3.5 hours travel, so this has been fantastic.

Also I'm looking forward to a night that doesn't involve unpacking boxes.

St. Louis

Practically Family
Lizzie, that comment is even more true today, six months later.

I'm about to go hem a coat I made from an English 1941 pattern that cost approximately as much as an actual coat (slight exaggeration.) Meanwhile I'll watch all those women in their black ball gowns at the Golden Globes.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
St. Louis, I realized I forgot to answer your question about what I was reading! As that was in March, I really have no idea what I was reading. That was right after I found out about the ex's affair, so when I try to remember what I was doing that month, it's pretty foggy. I think I blocked a lot of it out. Ha!

But if you are still looking for some reading material, DM me and I can suggest a few!

Tonight's activitieses:

Watched The Tender Trap on TCM's Watch ap.
Did 30 minutes on the treadmill.
Wrote on the novel.

St. Louis

Practically Family
I'll do that, thanks Amateis. I constantly bring home books from the Public Library and find them so poorly written or boring or un-engaging that I bring them back half read. I really need some good suggestions.

Here in St. Louis we have another bitter cold day. Tonight I have a date with my couch.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'll do that, thanks Amateis. I constantly bring home books from the Public Library and find them so poorly written or boring or un-engaging that I bring them back half read. I really need some good suggestions.

Here in St. Louis we have another bitter cold day. Tonight I have a date with my couch.

I know how that goes! I always bring home at least three books from the library. That way, if one isn't good, I can try the next one, and so on.

St. Louis

Practically Family
So it's supposed to be spring, no? My lilacs are budding and all my daffodils are in bloom. Today's Easter and we are suddenly in the midst of an ice storm. Sigh. Blows my evening plans right out of the water. Was supposed to get together with a friend. There's no possibility that I will get into the car to slither downhill on the ice.

I'm staying home & will prolly watch Midwife on PBS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko