Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what are you doing this evening?

JessKelly

New in Town
VintageTink & Jesskelly, I am glad to see I am not alone.. ha ha..So how did the bead-picking go, JessKelly? :D

At the pace of a half asleep snail who just gave up caffeine, thanks for asking :)

At least I'll have another story to tell when I'm 103. Other people have the "when I was young I walked barefoot in the snow for 3 days to get school" stories. I'll have "when I was young we made our own fun; I once had a dress covered in beads..."

olive bleu

One Too Many
At the pace of a half asleep snail who just gave up caffeine, thanks for asking :)

At least I'll have another story to tell when I'm 103. Other people have the "when I was young I walked barefoot in the snow for 3 days to get school" stories. I'll have "when I was young we made our own fun; I once had a dress covered in beads..."

Completely :eek:fftopic:.... I sympathize with what you are going through trying to give up caffeine..I am trying too, for about the 50th time ...I am trying gradual withdrawal this time instead of cold turkey, which only results in headaches. I should say, it is coffee which i am trying to give up..i will never be able to stop drinking tea. But tea doesn't seem to have the grip on me that coffee does..Good Luck!

Lenore

Practically Family
Curled up on the couch in my Jammies watching my mother in law getting more and more unhappy that she's not winning the Super Bowl pot this quarter... Entertainment abounds.

Alice Blue

One of the Regulars
Crikey, I've spent the entire afternoon and evening making a facing and sewing it into a dress. Of course this is the first dress I've made since 1981, but I really feel as though I put the slow in slow clothing. I read comments by experienced seamstresses who turn out garments in what seem to be hours and wonder what things are like on that planet ...

Last edited:

olive bleu

One Too Many
I am currently going through another one of my "throwing-things-away-I- don't-need" phases. I spent the evening digging through closets and drawers looking for things to pass on to goodwill. I will never be a collector, i can't stand the clutter..i like to have what I need, and that's it. The good news is, none of you will ever see me on ebay trying to outbid you :p

I stopped when a friend came by with cheesecake, and then watched Downton Abbey.

JessKelly

New in Town
Completely :eek:fftopic:.... I sympathize with what you are going through trying to give up caffeine..I am trying too, for about the 50th time ...I am trying gradual withdrawal this time instead of cold turkey, which only results in headaches. I should say, it is coffee which i am trying to give up..i will never be able to stop drinking tea. But tea doesn't seem to have the grip on me that coffee does..Good Luck!
Good luck to you too: hope you do better than I did, the empty coffee cup in front of me wasn’t empty five minutes ago...
Aw, I feel sorrier for the dress! :p
I think it’s nervous; about a million snips of beaded thread has just got to result in a snip of material at some point.

This evening I'm taking a little time to read what other people are up to this evening, it's a good read.

Lenore

Practically Family
This evening, I'll be taking the next step in my "taking care of myself" lifestyle change: touching up my roots. I just need to set a date on the calendar and make myself do it. It's been far, far too long. After that, I'm going to set my hair, then sit down with my husband and play World of Warcraft until bedtime, while my daughter colors me lovely pictures of the Powerpuff Girls to add to my vast collection.

Lenore

Practically Family
It's a Japanese import site run by an American who moved to Japan. JList is the main site (which is totally NSFW), JBox is the mirror site that's PG rated. :)

Tonight, I'm buying a tamagoyaki pan (to make Japanese style sweet omlettes), some fabulous bento boxes and lunch supplies, and some warming lotion to keep my perpetually cold hands from freezing off.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
My fella's about to leave me for two weeks, heading across the sea to visit his family, so on a whim, we went to the Civic Center to see the philharmonic's "Cole Porter Songbook", complete with some Broadway warblers. It was de lovely, to say the least.

Alice Blue

One of the Regulars
Making chicken stock, which I haven't bothered to do in years. Reading about rationing has inspired me to stop being so lazy and resume my slow food efforts. I have no plans to begin living on wartime rations, but I am going to try making Lord Woolton pie tomorrow.

Lenore

Practically Family
Printing the return label for my fantabulous pineapple dress. Stupid bosom got in the way again. :-(

It will be mine....eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot