Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigars

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And just like fireworks, you can get cigars & cigarettes on the res a lot cheaper and some say better (brand-wise). Not my thing, but I have friends who've gotta run to Puyallup or Auburn a time or two a week to get their fix.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Just talking with a demure, chestnut-tressed young Norwegian who's in one of my classes. I mentioned my occasional cigar and she said, "I like cigars. I'll share one sometimes with my fiancé." [huh] Ah well. I wondered why that "birthstone" in her ring was so big - ever see a green diamond?

Warbaby

One Too Many
An Eye Candy Bump...

The incomparable Rickie Lee Jones:

RLJcr.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I am whipping out my little makeshift humidor tonight and will enjoy on of the fine cigars a certain gentleman was so very kind to send me. Perhaps a little dark rum on the rocks too .. too bad I don't have a bathtub to enjoy it all in, that would have made the evening perfect!!

I'll update later on how the cigar was (dinner is first..).

Darhling said:
I am whipping out my little makeshift humidor tonight and will enjoy on of the fine cigars a certain gentleman was so very kind to send me. Perhaps a little dark rum on the rocks too .. too bad I don't have a bathtub to enjoy it all in, that would have made the evening perfect!!

I'll update later on how the cigar was (dinner is first..).

An after dinner cigar with dark rum. Sounds good to me. Then again you could spice it up as a Rum Punch:

1 Shot Dark Rum
2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
1 Shot Orange Juice
1/2 Shot Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
:D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
An after dinner cigar with dark rum. Sounds good to me. Then again you could spice it up as a Rum Punch:

1 Shot Dark Rum
2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
1 Shot Orange Juice
1/2 Shot Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
:D

I will try that, thank you! I have everything except lemon juice, but I have limes.. will that work? And when you say shot, how much is it? I know the measurements are different in the US from here and I would hate to get it wrong.

Darhling said:
I will try that, thank you! I have everything except lemon juice, but I have limes.. will that work? And when you say shot, how much is it? I know the measurements are different in the US from here and I would hate to get it wrong.

I forgot about the measurements difference. A shot is one ounce.
If you use lime instead, I would add more sugar to balance it out a bit. I would go out in the backyard and get you a lemon but......;) :D
You can try this one too:

Jo Jo
1 ounce dark rum
1/2 ounce amaretto almond liqueur
5 ice cubes
fill with cola
1 splash 151 proof rum

and this has lime in it:D :
Jamaican Zombie recipe

2 1/2 oz light rum
1 oz dark rum
1 oz apricot brandy
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz pineapple juice
2 oz orange juice
1 oz passionfruit juice
2 tsp powdered sugar

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
I forgot about the measurements difference. A shot is one ounce.
If you use lime instead, I would add more sugar to balance it out a bit. I would go out in the backyard and get you a lemon but......;) :D
You can try this one too:

Jo Jo
1 ounce dark rum
1/2 ounce amaretto almond liqueur
5 ice cubes
fill with cola
1 splash 151 proof rum

and this has lime in it:D :
Jamaican Zombie recipe

2 1/2 oz light rum
1 oz dark rum
1 oz apricot brandy
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz pineapple juice
2 oz orange juice
1 oz passionfruit juice
2 tsp powdered sugar

Dear God, are you trying to get me drunk?! lol

In hindsight I can see te shot question sounded unintelligent - but I have ruined many a drinks by not getting the proper measurements and I am obviously not a bartender au naturel.

I'll try the rum punch with a tad more sugar then, and I'll keep the other recipes for other times :).

Darhling said:
Dear God, are you trying to get me drunk?! lol

In hindsight I can see the shot question sounded unintelligent - but I have ruined many a drinks by not getting the proper measurements and I am obviously not a bartender au naturel.

I'll try the rum punch with a tad more sugar then, and I'll keep the other recipes for other times :).

Just a few more suggestions not drunk per se. :p
No problem with shot questions. Better a decent drink than you think that I drink crazy tasting cocktails. lol lol
Rum Punch works for me. :D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Well, I was out of rum, so I settled for Glenlivet ;) I am really enjoying this.. The cigar is a Panatela OEB june 06, the little goldband says Por Larranaga.

DSCN0382.jpg

Pip

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
Well, I was out of rum, so I settled for Glenlivet ;) I am really enjoying this.. The cigar is a Panatela OEB june 06, the little goldband says Por Larranaga.

DSCN0382.jpg

That looks like a 10th degree of heaven!

Nice shoes too :p

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
It is my dear.. And great shoes matches any occasion! Even smoking on your living room floor ;)

On to the cigar. An easier smoke, earthy, a little sweet and a little more spicy. I like it has a spicy flavour but is still mild. The smoke is a very light grey and the scent of the cigar is a little dry earthy - quite nice! I really like the gauge, it isn't too thick which I am not so fond of. Also the wrappers (is that the right word?) is also nice and thin which appeals to me for some reason.

I wish I had some champagne or dark chocolate because that tasted so good with the last cigars I had. The Glenlivet matches and intensify the spicy notes and I liked to have a counterpart instead - dark chocolate is amazing for bringing out the sweeter notes and if I have champagne I feel the fruitiness, bubbles and even the temperature is intensified and that then brings out the 'heavier' notes in the cigar.

Darhling said:

DSCN0382.jpg

Oh geez, a nearly teo year old cigar from that little exotic island no doubt. ;) :D I had a Por Larranaga Montecarlo last night but without any libation and it was only six months old. I am going to have to fix that libation less part this evening. :cheers1:
Glenlivet works just fine with a Por Larranaga by the way. At least most Scotch does for me. :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Darhling, I saw that pic and darn near swooned. :eusa_clap

I'm just disappointed you already have a drink. My cosmopolitan and foot massage combo is guaranteed to satisfy.

Maybe Hadley likes cosmos...maybe Lizzie...???

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
Darhling, I saw that pic and darn near swooned. :eusa_clap

I'm just disappointed you already have a drink. My cosmopolitan and foot massage combo is guaranteed to satisfy.

Maybe Hadley likes cosmos...maybe Lizzie...???

I am sorry to dissapoint you Fletch :eek: I will try and not let it happen again. Cosmos and footrubs are always welcome, but can you bring cranberry juice? I am out! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff