Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with pipes

Steven180

One of the Regulars
A very intriguing thread...

Ladies, depart convention if you so desire! There is obviously interest out there, and some opportunity even if rare. Live and try those things different at least once. Set your own style and enjoy those things that provide pleasure...no regrets. Once a pipe burner, always a head turner.

M.

Don't know whether this is true or not but I seem to recall reading or hearing about how during WWII when cigarettes were often hard to come by, that even women took up pipe smoking.

Professor_Briar

New in Town
I've mentioned several times I smoke a pipe but that was before someone revived this thread.
When I was a child I saw a lady's pipe in orange in a budget department store and it was so cool. I so wish I could find something like that now, the pipe and that kind of department store. Anyway, I smoke a succession of cheapy Dr. Grabows from the PX and a lowly corncob. My kinfolk are hillbillies and it's possible I'm a grandmother so perhaps I resemble Mammy Yokum, although my figure is more like Moonbeam McSwine's, but I don't care!; I smoke in public. My teeth are fine.

Did you ever post a picture?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I would not smoke a pipe myself (regularly) and never would buy one for myself, my Husband is the pipe smoker really if at all...but I have loaded and got the pipe going for him to hand it to him outside on the back porch. All I can say, is that smoke is thick....any thicker and you could use it for paint! lol!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Don't know whether this is true or not but I seem to recall reading or hearing about how during WWII when cigarettes were often hard to come by, that even women took up pipe smoking.

I am going to bet you are right on this 100%. Many normal items changed up due to the war and many items and materials had a "war priority"..silk for parachutes...brass and silver and gold...used for war electronics, etc.

djhatman

One of the Regulars
I have a female friend who joins me in smoking cigars once in awhile. She asked the other weekend if she could try to smoke one of my pipes. So I loaded a bowl for her and let her try it. The look on her face was priceless as she stated that "women smoking pipes is wrong on so many levels now give me a cigar".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot