Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lady Gaga - 30's starlet?

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I could do without the beaded masquerade mask obscuring half her face, but her hair and gown are stunning in a 30's starlet kind of way, what do you think?:

http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/2-hot-2-handle-04-25-slideshow/

I wish she would leave off with the wacky outfits, she really is a beautiful woman.

(I can't figure out how to use the new image uploader, doesn't seem to want to load anything for me. If anyone can insert the image in a post that'd be great!)

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
I don't care much for Gaga or her music, but she does manage to employ some extremely creative costumers and
stylists.

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I wish she would go with a vintagish look. It would go well with how amazing she sings jazz.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fan Bing Bing is the best!! I'm not entirely sure what she's famous for lol, but she has such a stunning Old Hollywood look. This post is how I discovered her.

I think she might be famous for looking gorgeous. ;) (Just kidding.)

I think Lady GaGa would look great in some vintage style clothing. I think she is incredibly talented (even though I don't like all of her stuff). I've seen a few of her performances on TV, and she occasionally does some beautiful things. She has some catchy pop songs too.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
to be honest i really don't like lady gaga, she tries way to hard to be "different" and its annoying, i hate how she wears somewhat vintage clothing but its also with a space creature feel to it as well and then she put something stupid on like a suit of meat..... eww........ and to be quite honest i don't think she looks very ladylike, she has harsh, sharp features (not in the pretty way) and she has an adams apple..... idk any past beauties with adams apples haha... and I'm sorry but in that dress she look like something out of star trek haha. I'm not trying to sound rude, i just don't like the influence she has on the younger generations of today. haha i sound like my mom hahaha

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
I'm on the "she'd-look-so-much-better-if..." train. She has a pretty face and would look amazing if not for her (90% of the time) ridiculous, over-the-top costumes.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
to be honest i really don't like lady gaga, she tries way to hard to be "different" and its annoying, i hate how she wears somewhat vintage clothing but its also with a space creature feel to it as well and then she put something stupid on like a suit of meat..... eww........ and to be quite honest i don't think she looks very ladylike, she has harsh, sharp features (not in the pretty way) and she has an adams apple..... idk any past beauties with adams apples haha... and I'm sorry but in that dress she look like something out of star trek haha. I'm not trying to sound rude, i just don't like the influence she has on the younger generations of today. haha i sound like my mom hahaha

While I'm not a fan of her music either, I have to say, I sort of respect Lady Gaga for all the reasons you don't lol. The media is so saturated with unrealistically and homogenously attractive women... I'd rather my [hypothetical] children look up to an "alien" like her than most other boring ol' celebutantes. Some of her outfits are a bit gimmicky for my tastes, but I think she looks like she's having a grand old time marching to the beat of her own drum! I wish more pop stars felt as free to challenge conventional ideas of beauty :)

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
While I'm not a fan of her music either, I have to say, I sort of respect Lady Gaga for all the reasons you don't lol. The media is so saturated with unrealistically and homogenously attractive women... I'd rather my [hypothetical] children look up to an "alien" like her than most other boring ol' celebutantes. Some of her outfits are a bit gimmicky for my tastes, but I think she looks like she's having a grand old time marching to the beat of her own drum! I wish more pop stars felt as free to challenge conventional ideas of beauty :)

Agreed...Although I think Gaga is extremely beautiful...most people find her to be unattractive. I say more power to the non-cookie cutter girls...not everyone is a "beauty queen." :)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You should have a look at some Busby Berkeley movies with costumes by Adrian. They are more extreme than Lady Gaga herself sometimes. I can't find a good picture on googel now but they are out there.

0_2a20f_10b236ee_XL.jpg

Ziegfeld-Girl-Kobal.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I like Lady Gaga's "harsh, sharp features", too. To be honest, the Chinese woman does nothing for me. I tend to like "ugly" people over "pretty" ones.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
she has harsh, sharp features (not in the pretty way) and she has an adams apple..... idk any past beauties with adams apples haha...

She does have rather sharp features, I think they are very attractive, although she often emphasizes it with makeup. Not sure where you are getting the adam's apple thing. I had to go look at pictures. She doesn't.

But to each his own.

Flicka

One Too Many
Yup, not a bad look.

I'm always happy when people dare to be different. Gaga, though, to me, feels very much like a 'product'. Her oddness seems - again to me - studiously artificial and like a gimmick, rather than an expression of her personality. I admit I'm influenced by the fact that her music is the anti-thesis of everything I like.

I personally find Amanda Palmer a much better example of 'female musicians who dare challenge established norms of beauty and femininity'.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I admit I'm influenced by the fact that her music is the anti-thesis of everything I like.

I couldn't agree more but then I've seen her once on the telly when she was performing some of her stuff (including a few of her greatest hits) in some small venue in NY. No band, no show, only herself and a piano. The songs took on a very different feel and echoed more the singer/songwriter background from which she originally came (which is another fact that had me stumped). It's a rare thing these days that a 'show artitst' is capable of writing her own songs.

Well, she's definitely very clever when it comes to marketing herself. Oh, and I actually liked her performance of 'The Lady Is A Tramp' with Tony Bennett.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana