Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lady Gaga - 30's starlet?

galby

New in Town
I have to say, I like Lady Gaga for her style, I am kind of fed up with the Britney, X-Tina images - Gaga is a bit more than that and her voice is more promising too. I like the way she copies old icons - it might not be the most innovative step to take, but at least she's offering a real show to people.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I think Lady Gaga is great for the younger set! She reminds me so much of my love for Cyndi Lauper in the early 80s! I'd rather have my daughter look up to Lady Gaga than Dita von Teese, actually.

LG does have something more than the other pop princesses. I shunned her at first, just thinking she was another blonde pop tart (I was "too vintage" to give her a chance lol). But then my husband started to really like her and her music is far from cookie-cutter. She mixes dance beats with rock and LOTS of 80s-style melodies. I like the 80s-style melodies the best because they remind me of driving to the shore in the 1980s when we would have dance music on the radio!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko