Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket, workwear/denim/vintage repro wear shops in LA?

G'c

Familiar Face
Hi guys and girls,

Need some help here.

My family is visiting Los Angeles to and might ask them to see if there are interesting leather , workwear/denim/vintage repro wear. Tried to search google but not much results came up. I know i probably suck at this searching thing.

Leathers - I'd prefer something like Aero, thedi and other brands well loved here. I am recommending this for my father as my mother always wanted to get him a simple brown leather jacket. I noticed there's a Schott shop in LA but don't know if it's worth visiting. For Aero there seems to be only one shop in LA and it's only custom I believe.

Workwear/denim/vintage repro - I know they have a mister freedom shop there. Prices seem crazily expensive. Are there any others similar that you recommend, especially with a website or online store, so that I could easily ask my family members to procure things that is listed on such website and get it delivered to their airbnb place? I am especially looking for some nice vest/gilets, and some nice pants/jeans preferably with cinch back styles (doesn't need to be entirely accurate, i.e. doesn't have to be loose pants but more tailored ones will be great).

Thanks alot for your help!

I wish there were, but not a lot!
Self edge (denim) is on La Brea near Mister Freedom on Beverly.
In Venice is a great shop The Stronghold where they sell Lewis Leathers. A popular brand of pants/ jeans seems to be Tellason, and they have a shop. There are a couple of stores that stock workwear items, but nothing compared to Standard & Strange in Oakland or the gems in Tokyo. The best thing going (for this stuff) is Inspiration a trade show of sorts in early February. It is amazing as many makers and sellers of the genre are under 1 roof for 2 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: G'c

G'c

Familiar Face
In Venice is a great shop The Stronghold where they sell Lewis Leathers. A popular brand of pants/ jeans seems to be Tellason, and they have a shop. There are a couple of stores that stock workwear items, but nothing compared to Standard & Strange in Oakland or the gems in Tokyo. The best thing going (for this stuff) is Inspiration a trade show of sorts in early February. It is amazing as many makers and sellers of the genre are under 1 roof for 2 days.
thanks for the quick reply handymike this really helpful!!!

The best vintage dealers are at The Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena on the third Sunday of the month.
Even if they aren't shopping for you, they might have a great time just looking.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Long Beach has some nice vintage stores all on a strip on Cherry Ave. there was a Bates? Easy Rider jacket there I was/am still drooling over.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here

^ This

Also:
RRL on Melrose
General Quarters on La Brea (limited selection -- I picked up two sweatshirts this weekend)
Tradesmen on Lincoln
STAG Provisions on Abbot Kinney (mixed in with lower quality clothing)
American Rag on La Brea (mixed in with a lot of contemporary wear)
Mohawk Trading Post on Sunset (again, mixed in with mostly contemporary garb)

A visit with Damien is fun and his work is great!^^
I'm not sure about your parents buying you a hat though ;)
There are a few great artisans here, but maybe not so easy for your family to navigate. They should visit the Getty Center and Getty Villa. I wouldn't send them to Echo park or Lincoln Heights.

The "issue" with LA, is it's not NY or London or other place where lots of great shops are crammed into a relatively small area.
It's all over the place, and the time it takes to get from one area to another grows daily.
Good luck, I know I often have more patience when traveling, so hopefully you'll be able to hit some spots and find something to your liking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk