Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Jackets from Noble House in Germany

highhope

New in Town
Never bought one but I'll be interested to see what others think, I was very close to getting one of their a2's once

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hi David,

I never owned a jacket from Noble House, but i have seen several of them. The jackets are made in Argentina and fror that price they are absolutely OK. You get a jacket in a little bit better quality like in shopping center for the same money. The stiching is by far not as acurat as on an LW, AERO or other names of manufacturers you read here. The quality of the leather is also not comparable with that what a premium manufactorer ofers you. But for many people the Noble House quality is fair enough and with right combination you can look very good in such a jacket.

From my point of view the main thing is the fitting of the jacket. You look bad with the best jacket if it does not fit you at all. For my measurement i wil not find the right size there. If you are slim there jackets will always be mucht to big or the sleeves are to short.

Order one and you will see if it is ok for you. If it is not yours, send it back, but please take some photos for us. :D

Schöne Grüße

Oliver

Last edited:

kaiser

A-List Customer
Hi David,

I never owned a jacket from Noble House, but i have seen several of them. The jackets are made in Argentina and fror that price they are absolutely OK. You get a jacket in a little bit better quality like in shopping center for the same money. The stiching is by far not as acurat as on an LW, AERO or other names of manufacturers you read here. The quality of the leather is also not comparable with that what a premium manufactorer ofers you. But for many people the Noble House quality is fair enough and with right combination you can look very good in such a jacket.

From my point of view the main thing is the fitting of the jacket. You look bad with the best jacket if it does not fit you at all. For my measurement i wil not find the right size there. If you are slim there jackets will always be mucht to big or the sleeves are to short.

Order one and you will see if it is ok for you. If it is not yours, send it back, but please take some photos for us. :D

Schöne Grüße

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the information. Their site is not really clear as to where the Jackets are made.

Danke und Schöne Grüße !

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
They're much better than a mall jacket. Better leather and stitching. But they're not as well made as G&B or Aero. I don't think the patterns of some of their jackets are well executed - a bit clunky - but you'll get a good 30 years out of them, I should think.

garzo

One of the Regulars
I haven't ordered anything from them but I have asked them several questions via email and they always respond immediately, which is a good sign. I have a feeling they get a bad rap around here because some of their jackets may not be as authentic, but I think a number are. They say they are constantly acquiring original jackets from the 30s and 40s and deconstructing them in order to make new patterns. I would really like to visit their shop in Ulm one of these days.

Edward

Bartender
I like the look of some of their Luftwaffe jackets. Great price, but I'd definitely want to try before buying. At those prices, though, it'd be nice to pick one up that i might have as more of a 'beater'.

Ziplight

New in Town
I bought a "lost contract" A-2 from Noble House about a year ago. Before buying I had a lot of E-mail contact with this manufacturer and always had a prompt reply with answers to all my questions. After I made my payment I recieved the jacket within a week which is pretty quick.
The jacket is quite heavy compared to other A-2 repro's I've owned and feels like it's made from heavier than normal leather. This however is not true; Noble house has used a kind of thick, white woven filling material between the cotton lining and leather outer shell. This filling makes the jacket warm but also more stiff in the arms than a regular repro. Though I like the quality of the used materials I don't like the numerous small mistakes made in this jacket that is stated to be a "stitch for stitch repro" of a 1938 Aero contract. The cuffs are not seamless, an YKK zipper (with Talon marked puller) is used, there are two inside pockets (which are really handy by the way!), the threads used are nylon and the label says "Made in Germany". Those are things that can be expected in this price range and they don't bother me. The thing that does is that the epaulettes are placed too far forward, dropping of the front of the shoulder. This is something that is overlooked by most people but someone with A-2 knowledge will see it right away. It is also something that could be made better without having to cost anything at all.
I still like my jacket but it certainly isn't the stitch for stitch repro I thought it would be. In this price range however it's a good quality jacket that will certainly last a very long time.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
hello Ziplight,

thanks for your description. could you add some photos of the jacket. would be interesting to see pictures of the jacket, specially when it is worn.

kind regards

olli

Ziplight

New in Town
Ok guys, I'm going to take some pics of me wearing the jacket when the weather here clears. Then all I need to do is figure out how I can post them here. I've painted nose art on the jacket, put on some ww2 patches and aged the whole to make it look old. I figured that with a jacket in this price range I could experiment a bit. I had a lot of fun doing that and have no regrets.

kingmiru

New in Town
Argentinian horsehide -- not "Made in Argentina"

Hello, my girlfriend are studying in Karlsruhe which is near Ulm - where Noblehouse is located. Early this year I asked her to check their Russet A2; but unfortunately she said that the leather is not as good as my Aero or Schott jacket.

Oh by the way, I just want to share the information that the jacket is made in Germany not made in Argentina. They do use Argentinian horsehide for their A2 jacket but the jacket itself is made in Germany - thats what the guy in the shop told her.

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Hi Guys,

I am a happy owner of one of their Leather Pea Coats since a good year now. Plus I got myself one of their "Luftwaffe" watches, wich I also like very much. But back to the jacket:

I can not tell how close it is to the real thing, since I don´t have any information about that. But I can clearly say that the quality of the jacket is, in my opinion, well worth it´s money. I love to wear it on windy days, which it is perfect for. It fits me spot on and I can even wear a thick, warm jumper underneath in winter. Actually I came to this jacket after I tried their U-Boat coat first in different sizes. But unfortunately that jacket never fitted me around the shoulder, so I finally took the Pea Coat, wich I don´t regret. After wearing it quite a lot during the last year, the leather is now starting to get some nice patina.

Contact to the company is very easy (I phoned them severalt times), and there were no problems with sending the non-fitting U-Boat Coat back and forth several times in different sizes. In fact, after a while I started to feel a bit guilty because it was all on their money. But there were no complains at all.

So all in all I am a happy customer of theirs.

Regards from Germany,
Stefan.

Magister

Familiar Face
Hi Guys,

I am a happy owner of one of their Leather Pea Coats since a good year now. Plus I got myself one of their "Luftwaffe" watches, wich I also like very much. But back to the jacket:

I can not tell how close it is to the real thing, since I don´t have any information about that. But I can clearly say that the quality of the jacket is, in my opinion, well worth it´s money. I love to wear it on windy days, which it is perfect for. It fits me spot on and I can even wear a thick, warm jumper underneath in winter. Actually I came to this jacket after I tried their U-Boat coat first in different sizes. But unfortunately that jacket never fitted me around the shoulder, so I finally took the Pea Coat, wich I don´t regret. After wearing it quite a lot during the last year, the leather is now starting to get some nice patina.

Contact to the company is very easy (I phoned them severalt times), and there were no problems with sending the non-fitting U-Boat Coat back and forth several times in different sizes. In fact, after a while I started to feel a bit guilty because it was all on their money. But there were no complains at all.

So all in all I am a happy customer of theirs.

Regards from Germany,
Stefan.

Stefan,

I would very much like to hear your thoughts of the Noble House U Boat jacket, since I am strongly interested in one.

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Hi Magister!

Okay, what to say about the U-Boat Coat? Well, maybe the most important thing is that Noble House changed the pattern of this jacket somewhat compared to the photos they have on their website. Besides all the goot things I can say about them, this is something they really should update in my opinion. I talked to the owner about this issue on the phone, and he told me that they had altered their first design to get it closer to an original jacket that they could get a hand on.

When you look at the website, you see a medium-long jacket in a very straight design and the buttons located somewhat to the upper part of the body. Basically this "old" look came quite close to the several "Dr. Who / U-Boat" jackets that are discussed here in this forum. The new design of the jacket, as it was delivered to me, seemed to be a bit longer. The buttons are now more spread across the whole front and the "body" of the jacket is no longer straight, but instead it gets somewhat wider towards the bottom. Mr. Mehringer from Noble House told me that this is also the case with the original, as it allowed the owner to wear heavy leather trousers under the jacket. Actually, there is a picture of a user in a grey Noble House U-Boat coat somewhere here on the forum (I guess you already know it).

I personally had the problem that due to this widening design, the jacket that would fit me around the shoulders would be far to wide in the lower part, while a jacekt with the correct width in the lower part would be too tight around my shoulders. I tried several sizes but was not able to find one that I felt was ok for me.

The quality of the jacket itself I found very pleasing. It is made of a quite heavy leather and a nice and warm interior. A very nice feature are the knitted cuffs inside the sleeves, which certaily will make a good protection against wind on a chilly day.

Concerning the overall pattern, I think that of all the "U-Boat" replica-jackets on the market, Noble House gets by far the closest to the original. When you look at WW2 pictures of german submariners, you can see that their leather coats were very long (some reached down to the knees or even below) and relatively wide, which is logical as there had been worn over several layers of clothes when being on watch. Also the placing of the buttons are more correct on the Noble House coat than on any of the other jackets around. The color seems to macht the original light-grey quite well (all the black / grey / dark brown jackets are incorrect in this aspect). Finally there are two more details that are only correct on the Noble House jacket: The shoulder parts are not V-shaped (like on all the other jackets around), but straight. And it does not have a half-belt on the back, which the original jackets also did not have.

Finally, as I already said, I found the customer service to be very good. Returning the jacket was no problem, even more than once. So from my point of view, there is no risk in ordering a jacket and trying it out.

I hope I could help you a bit.

Best regards,
Stefan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana