Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Name Tag for A2

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
I went to the company that supplied the last one I bought a few years ago (Split S), but they're out of stock. Can anyone recommend another company who might produce a good quality name-tag? I mean the leather ones.

Jump

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I went to the company that supplied the last one I bought a few years ago (Split S), but they're out of stock. Can anyone recommend another company who might produce a good quality name-tag? I mean the leather ones.

Jump

Aero, Eastman?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Wow, he 'served his country' so much he can buy a new house? Tax man must be pleased!
This 'serving my country' certainly seems to be paying off!
He was so rude and territorial at VJL (and quite frankly, to claim that making and selling patches is equal to military service is out right offensive rubbish) that I'd never be his customer.

JumpBoot

One of the Regulars
Wow, he 'served his country' so much he can buy a new house? Tax man must be pleased!
He was so rude and territorial at VJL (and quite frankly, to claim that making and selling patches is equal to military service is out right offensive rubbish) that I'd never be his customer.

I've never been on VJL before. I didn't feel like creating a new email account on one of their accepted servers. Though I don't think for a moment that making patches is even anywhere close to actual military service. As a veteran, that's just laughable. Though I will say in all fairness that he was easy to deal with when I ordered from him.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

One of the Regulars
It's VLJ and the opinions of Sean and his input vary. I have never observed Sean state what you are claiming here. As a combat patched Veteran of YOUR 101st Airborne from 2008, and an embed in the 3rd CAB in 2013, I would deride such behaviour. I made the effort to meet Sean in Las Vegas and meet his family. A righteous and forthright gentleman is the only way I could describe him. In all of my years on forums and exchanging jackets around the World, Sean is the only guy I have caught up with face to face, at considerable expense. Worth every minute and every cent.

Glad you got what you wanted JumpBoot, as articulated in the initial post.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
It's VLJ and the opinions of Sean and his input vary. I have never observed Sean state what you are claiming here. As a combat patched Veteran of YOUR 101st Airborne from 2008, and an embed in the 3rd CAB in 2013, I would deride such behaviour. I made the effort to meet Sean in Las Vegas and meet his family. A righteous and forthright gentleman is the only way I could describe him. In all of my years on forums and exchanging jackets around the World, Sean is the only guy I have caught up with face to face, at considerable expense. Worth every minute and every cent.

Well, it was on page 5 of the Aero thread 2.0 where he said that his making patches and Diamond Dave making caps was 'serving their country', although that has been edited now that I keep drawing attention to it to 'serving the American dream'.

'Righteous' you say? Self-righteous seems more like it.

CBI

One Too Many
to get back to the actual question.....................MASH Japan makes very nice ones, most authentic, very fast service.

Yes, Sean does a nice job as well.

Wow big J, you OK? Did serve my country back a while ago in the Air Force, as an actual veteran, proud of it but no big deal. And now my life is dedicated to preserving the history of WW2 veterans through various forms of military related art. I also collect and maintain any history that is left in the wake of estate sales when these guys pass. Guess I am a little proud of that as well and do consider it a service to this country considering most kids these days, and quite a few adults couldn't tell ya who bombed Pearl harbor. Happy to clarify any other misconceptions you may have about me.

Send me your addy and the name you'd like on a tag, I'll send you one on the house, the one I'm renting, the American dream is still just a dream for me but I do have high hopes and work very hard reaching for the stars every day.

And yes, she does a wonderful job with the stitching, not sure why that would let you down. Maybe walk around your place making a list of everything made in China. We make it in America. Don't be so hateful dude, I'm a good guy that gets along with 99% of everyone, or maybe as of today with my discoveries here, 98%

He told me that making patches was his way of 'serving his country'.
I feel kinda let down now I know that his wife is doing the stitching.
How do you feel about her writing the Chinese characters on my blood chits? And adding insult to injury, she's Thai and only studied Chinese for 6 years. I'm actually pretty proud of what she does for our little operation.

And finally, if I seemed territorial I'm just willing to bet without even looking that you just joined VLJ to pick a quick fight and have had little interaction since. Turning over a new leaf these days, life is too short, avoid the unpleasant and embrace, it is good. Frankly, I'm OK with you never being a customer if that is your choice, but I urge you to reconsider and start over with me if you're into patching jackets. I'm not all that bad as far as a few thousand guys are concerned.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=a2jacketpatches&ftab=AllFeedback

Hey Couchy, thanks for sticking up for me. Guess I do consider what I do a bit of ongoing service to my country and the heroes that fought for it, but it no way shape or form does it compare to that of a Combat Veteran. Hell, it doesn't even compare to walking around B-52's for 4 years in the ass biting cold to be honest, but I did that as well while a goofball kid back in the 80's.

You seem to ignore the fact that some of us here are also members on the VLJ and have seen you in action. Quick to belittle and silence any newbie who may disagree with you. Ultra sensitive to any opposition enough to question most anyone's value on the forum along with name calling and personal insults. Then offering repeated posts attempting to explain what you imagine as really your good intentions that everyone should have realized.

Absolutely you make outstanding leather layered patches, but insist on placing yourself as the only true victim among those who dare ever to confront your tactics. However, it's nothing new and some VLJ members would rather tip toe around you rather than say something which would then fire up a litany of distainful posts. Suddenly you are more active here hoping to put yourself in a better light with the toned down disposition. Good luck with that, but unfortunately I don't think Big J and some others will buy it.
HD

Last edited:

p51

One Too Many
Thanks, I'd never even heard of that and I was into A-2s and the like from way back...
Sadly, I won't be able to join as my email is through Hotmail and I don't join any forum that requires I get a whole new email I have to pay for, just to join it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider