Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

Johnson. I know some of you will find this an inch long for a Type 3, but I asked for it. When the jacket is this substantial I don't like it too short. I can still snap this and cover my belt. I have an Aero that is mid-horse and nice too, shorter. But I can't wear it closed, only open, which is fine. View attachment 91322 View attachment 91323 View attachment 91324 View attachment 91325 View attachment 91326

Plain awesome. I don't think it's too long at all. As long as it's not longer than the sleeves, it's good. Such rich colour and the grain looks cool and different than the usual cow / horse stuff. Thanks for the pics!!

Bought another old Levi's today.
IMG_20171030_215755.jpg

IMG_20171030_215618.jpg

IMG_20171030_215645.jpg

IMG_20171030_215721_resize.jpg

technovox

One Too Many
IMG_20171030_215755.jpg

IMG_20171030_215618.jpg

IMG_20171030_215645.jpg

Nice Score! Looks like you nailed the fit too! Love the creases on the back, and the wear around the cuffs. It's really hard to beat the look, the hide, and the cut of those older Levis when it comes to a Type 3 in leather. Is this a "Shorthorn" version?"

@technovox Thank you! Yep, this one fits a lot better than the first one I had. It's a good two inches shorter (first one was like a coat) and a much nicer cut. Still baggier than the Vanson I got but then again, that jacket is so trim it's almost uncomfortable. It's not exactly super heavy but nowhere near lightweight, too! I've seen lighter jackets from Schott.

It's not a Shorthorn, rather a regular stuff. Good jacket nonetheless. :)

technovox

One Too Many
@technovox Thank you! Yep, this one fits a lot better than the first one I had. It's a good two inches shorter (first one was like a coat) and a much nicer cut. Still baggier than the Vanson I got but then again, that jacket is so trim it's almost uncomfortable. It's not exactly super heavy but nowhere near lightweight, too! I've seen lighter jackets from Schott.

It's not a Shorthorn, rather a regular stuff. Good jacket nonetheless. :)

I think you're absolutely on the right track as far as getting a good fit out of the trucker jacket. My working theory is a Type 3 SHOULD definitely go towards the shorter side. And with the classic V shape cut, snug is preferable.... and baggy is the last thing that should happen.
I've been wondering if the Trucker jacket might be one of those few jacket styles that really favor a thinner type of hide.

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Man that looks perfect. There are none that I can find around here.

Ok, guys keep an eye out for one that would fit me. Again the usual problem is to get the sleeve length I gotta go baggy. Some of the new Aero test sale models the 46 size even have 25" sleeves.

technovox

One Too Many
Man that looks perfect. There are none that I can find around here.

Ok, guys keep an eye out for one that would fit me. Again the usual problem is to get the sleeve length I gotta go baggy. Some of the new Aero test sale models the 46 size even have 25" sleeves.
You might be better off going with a custom order. From experience, I've found it's rare, if not impossible, to find a vintage jacket with longer sleeves. Especially in Half-belts, Perfectos, and...Type 3/Truckers.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Your right of course. I have been trying to go cheap and I think it will cost more in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobJ

Practically Family
IMG_20171030_215755.jpg

IMG_20171030_215618.jpg

IMG_20171030_215645.jpg

Looks like the right jacket for picking up disreputable girls in Wyoming.

Like ton said, what happened to your love for cafe racers? You, single-handedly, wore me down by persistently drawing my attention to the kaffs, until I had a couple saved searches on ebay for them. And now... I'm forgetting about them and looking at these things ...all the while, thinking I'm my own man. Sheesh.

BobJ

Practically Family
Skip to the 4:45 minute mark, and you can see that this guy is rocking a beautiful, tight-fitting black leather trucker/western/cowboy/Levi jacket:

The whole video is worth watching, just for the music.

upload_2017-10-31_3-18-28.png

upload_2017-10-31_3-19-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-31_3-17-19.png
    upload_2017-10-31_3-17-19.png
    790.2 KB · Views: 138
Looks like the right jacket for picking up disreputable girls in Wyoming.

Like ton said, what happened to your love for cafe racers? You, single-handedly, wore me down by persistently drawing my attention to the kaffs, until I had a couple saved searches on ebay for them. And now... I'm forgetting about them and looking at these things ...all the while, thinking I'm my own man. Sheesh.

I doubt even Wyoming would make a difference in that aspect of my life... XD

Haha, nothing happened, the kaffs are all here and I love them just as much. Thing is, I'm just perfectly happy with the ones I got and I honestly don't have a clue what else to get and how to upgrade. The Cal (two of them, in fact), Schott Confederate Motorcycles and the Bates and the red one and of course the LL Phantom... And they're all perfect fit (for me). What else to get? I wear them as often as always, especially when I'm on a bike (or a bicycle). They lack pockets, though so jean jackets are a nice alternative. Plus they look better short. :3 Like the cross zips.

That's a cool jacket this dude is wearing, I've seen the video before. Fits exactly like the Vanson that I got. I'm this close to waxing that jacket to make it shinier... It'd be the best jacket ever in the world but I don't dare.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Not sure if this fits the bill, my apologies if it doesn't.

I found this in a thrift store about 25 years ago and it probably hasn't seen the light of day since.

I don't know much about it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's early-mid 70s. It's a little shorter than I like to wear, which is most likely the reason I never wear it. It's dirty and could probably use a cleaning. :D :D

Tag says "Startown: Subsidiary of Londontown Corporation"

3iA8FzLh.jpg

eKBNHD9h.jpg

JDVQVM7h.jpg

0uMzRsWh.jpg

05g0bvHh.jpg

Du6j5Hgh.jpg

3di52wsh.jpg

technovox

One Too Many

I found this in a thrift store about 25 years ago and it probably hasn't seen the light of day since.

I don't know much about it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's early-mid 70s. It's a little shorter than I like to wear, which is most likely the reason I never wear it. It's dirty and could probably use a cleaning. :D :D

3iA8FzLh.jpg

eKBNHD9h.jpg

JDVQVM7h.jpg

0uMzRsWh.jpg

05g0bvHh.jpg

Du6j5Hgh.jpg

3di52wsh.jpg
Very cool! That's the great thing about trucker jackets...you can pull off a much shorter length in that style...it's very forgiving.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Monitor, that jacket you posted on Halloween looks bloody good!
It's not a style I've ever tried, for some reason it always makes me think of Richard Ashcroft, so I kinda have this subconscious thing that it wouldn't suit me coz I'm not slim-built.
But that is a good looking jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

3iA8FzLh.jpg

eKBNHD9h.jpg

JDVQVM7h.jpg

0uMzRsWh.jpg

05g0bvHh.jpg

Du6j5Hgh.jpg

3di52wsh.jpg

I have to give join the chorus, that's a cool jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto