Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LEE Rider denim jean jacket 46 Long MINT NOS vintage 1970s

pgoat

One Too Many
This is an as-new, NOS Mens Lee Riders jean jacket from the mid-late 1970s. It is 100% Sanforized Cotton, unwashed unrinsed, unworn, never used. Inner tags are perfect, reading "H.D. Lee Co. Inc. and the jacket looks like it belongs on the rack in a store, selling as new. It actually came to me folded and pinned (see images). I loved the original condition and all, but removed the pins and hung it in a garment bag to avoid creases.

01717_3HURJ0EGaBZ_1200x900.jpg

More images here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44195255@N04/albums/72157687001760274

No smoke smells, no issues. Thick heavy duty work denim.

In my experience, Lee jackets usually ran a bit shorter than Levis from the same era, so this one being a "long" it will fit just right in the torso for most folks. The sleeves are a bit longer, but for reference, in the photos, I am only 5'8", so it's probably a better fit for someone 5'10" - 6'2". The chest is very roomy; I usually take a 40-42" and this feels more like a 46-48.

CHEST: 49"
SHOULDERS: 21.25"
LENGTH w/ COLLAR: 26"
SLEEVES: 26"

I've not come across a vintage denim jacket in better NOS condition, short of having an original hang tag. I'm asking $200.

pgoat

One Too Many
I took some new photos tonight with the tape measure - sorry, I should have done that with all the jackets I've posted here. You can see them in the album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44195255@N04/albums/72157687001760274

I got:

Chest: 24" pit to pit, buttoned.
Sleeve: 26" from shoulder seam to end of cuff along outside
Shoulders: 21" seam to seam along back top edge
Hem: 24" down the back, from collar seam to end of waistband.

pgoat

One Too Many
The first set of measurements was slightly different because I used a soft ribbon type measure and held it against the fabric (as opposed to the rigid metal tape measure seen here, which stands away from the fabric slightly in places). Otherwise, I used the same method for pit to pit and shoulders, etc - pulled flat, but not stretched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider