Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Vintage Inspired Office!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm.... The Bogie furniture thread got me thinking.

In an ideal world, say you had carte blanche to lay out your very own office in whatever style you saw fit. How would you do it?

Please make reference to:

Color schemes - walls

Carpet/wood flooring: type and color

Pictures on walls

Furniture - desks, chairs

Any fun items (humidor, decanter etc.)

Actual layout - (couch, coffee table one end etc.)

Signage/fonts used

My initial draw would be towards a J.J. Gittes P.I. set-up as seen in "Chinatown" and later in "The Two Jakes".

twojakes2.jpg

th-5435_0129.jpg

Any pictures would be great also.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
"Careful with those Venetian Blinds Curly, I just had them installed...."

Couple of things:

FL logged on the screen, of course!

Fabulous B I G print of Humphrey on the wall.

Lovely space MK.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
my ideal office

very big....neutral colours (mostly biege), wood furniture, fireplace, and a spectacular view outside the windows.
so that's what your office looks like, MK! very nice:)

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
nice mk

I could see you airbrushing an image on your blinds...like the FL header...

plus I could see the lady in mysterygal avator coming in and saying "MK you gotta help me..." (with respect to the MLady)

mark the shoeshine boy

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Thanks for the kind words.

I plan on getting new chairs and floor lamps soon. The black leather is left over from my old grey & black look. Some brown leather chairs would be nice. I hope to buy a building in two years. Then I will REALLY do it right with a door with a window, great carpet and NOT a drop ceiling.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars

Here's my office that I will be leaving behind when I make my move to California on May 31st...:cry:

132583972.jpg

132583970.jpg

132583968.jpg

132583967.jpg

132583965.jpg

132583964.jpg

132583963.jpg

132583962.jpg

132583961.jpg

About a copule items in my office that I'd like to point out...

-The statues by the humidor I found at a thrift store for a dollar a piece.
-All the posters you see hanging on the wall are printed off my printer then taped together in sections and mounted in the frames.
-The suitcases where free from my next door neighbor and the leather chair next to them was my grandfathers'
-The smaller pictures you see I made by finding old photos of famous people like Hemingway and Hughes and photoshopping my head on to them.

Hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoy spending time in my office.

-DocIndyJones

matei

One Too Many
Hey MK - nice office! Especially liked the desk and the wall clock.

I couldn't help noticing though the guitar case... What's inside?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh yeah!

Such a designer was he! Nothing like a streamlined office or home in my mind!

Here is another office I'd like to share, this is of a more typical 1930's man at work...

paperwork6ot.jpg

For me, the classic office would be a simple quarter saw white oak desk with matching wood desk chair, 30's Royal typewriter, candlestick phone, 30's fan off in the corner, Arrow Head water cooler, wire waste basket, streamlined desk lamp, and an oak file cabinet. My PC would be a lap top that could be put away out of site with a small printer in a closet.

Also, have to have the right office to have it in with that classic window door with your name on it!

=WR=

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Gents, those places look marvellous!

My ideal office would have to be something like R. K. Maroon's joint in Who Framed Roger Rabbit:

PDVD_161T.jpg

Isn't it odd that the binder by the lamp kinda resembles a laptop?

PDVD_162T.jpg

And here's a small goof by the set designers - look at the blinds.

And just like this one, my office would include the appropriate posters and portraits of me posing with "toons". Gotta do those one of these days...

Wild Root

Gone Home
You beat me too it!!!

Oh man, I was going to post some photos of that office!!! But, I couldn't find any to post! Good job there friend!

I'm with you, that's the ideal office or, any other Art Deco office from the movies!

The office space that Alec Baldwin as Juan Trippe used in "The Aviator" was also tops! Any one can find a good shot of it?

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana