Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letterman Jackets

mihai

A-List Customer
How would you describe the leather on the Stewart&Strauss.

Thick or thin?

I say it is on the heavier side. Def more than medium thickness. There is lots of grain, supple. Perhaps it is cowhide.
The leather resembles very well(thickness, texture, suppleness) to the one from this G-1 jacket(that I own): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251291712516 . Except the color, which is white for the letterman leather trim.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Top Customer Service

Hello!

Seems a very good place to order: http://www.varsitysportsapparel.com/jackets.aspx

E-mails are replied promply with full and clear information. And VSA offers customizing of back- and sleeve-length.

I had contact with a lot of suppliers but VSA had the best service on information and customer care.

Will show my jacket here as soon as I've got it ...

Kind regards,

Johannes

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I guess I just don't get it. I can't see wearing insignia that represents something that I had nothing to do with. I suppose there are people who earn their patches, and those who just want them without earning them. You might as well buy some trophies from a garage sale, and tell stories of how you were on a great bowling team, or won a karate tournament when you were 8.

Wow! You guys have got a downer on patched jackets! How did you get from the example of a WWII patched repro A-2, to lying about being a bowling champ?

I wear many flight jackets patched with squadron or group patches from WWII. Why? Because its one way I can remember what The Greatest Generation did for me, and when people ask me, I tell them! (even explaining my 'Doolittle Raiders' patched A-2 right here in Japan!).

I'm not trying to fool anyone that I got something I 'didn't earn' (how old would i have to be to be a genuine WWII vet?), but I think it's a bit obtuse to throw allegations that people are wearing jackets that have got 'nothing to do with them' around. It's my way of reminding myself and others of the fantastic debt we all owe to men and women who had to 'step-up' on a scale we will likely never have to do ever again.

D

Deleted member 16736

Skookum Label by Centralia Knitting Mills. Website ain't much, but it has contact info. Ask for the brochure. A wool varsity jacket will set you back $300 without modifications, but it's top of the line. They also make beautiful cardigans. And they've been in business since the 30's and still use the original equipment! I'm planning an order with them now. If you order and want a vintage cut, ask for one size down from suggested size. They do have a modern cut but if you size down, it should be perfect.

http://www.centraliaknittingmills.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points