Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leather x Real McCoys -- Red Giant

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
upload_2016-5-24_23-30-30.png

upload_2016-5-24_23-32-33.png

upload_2016-5-24_23-33-17.png

upload_2016-5-24_23-34-37.png

Edward

Bartender
Interesting. I believe Lewis were one of the first of the many, many British motorcycle leather companies that existed back in the day (right up til the mid eighties, when most of them went under) to experiment with birghtly coloured leathers - mostly sold as a safety feature (making the motorcyclist more visible now that the Age of the Orc had arrived, cars had taken over, and information campaigns like "Think Bike" became necessary). I quite like it. Don't see myself wearing one, but it's quite cool nonetheless. I do eventually want to get myself a black Lightning, though it will have to be specially ordered, as I want the original 1958 spec. I've never cared for that additional forearm pocket Lewis introduced across the lancer-fronted range c.1962 - too busy to my eye.

Blackadder

Not really into this one. It's like they can't use Shiniki because it will be in direct competition with Buco and they can't use HH or steerhide because it will be a regular Lewis, so what to do, wait, let's make a deerskin then.

They ought to just forget about Shinki, RMC and deerskin and leave things be. Sure, it doesn't hurt neither RMC nor LL but 2000 dollars is still ridiculous. They've been around forever and they got a really nice lineup worn by some really cool people as it stands. Ultimately, it's what it all comes down to. I'm sure Vicious' gonna be selling Dominators for a couple of more decades. The Buco craze will pass and I really wonder what RMC is gonna do then? Oh, right... This.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
They ought to just forget about Shinki, RMC and deerskin and leave things be. Sure, it doesn't hurt neither RMC nor LL but 2000 dollars is still ridiculous. They've been around forever and they got a really nice lineup worn by some really cool people as it stands. Ultimately, it's what it all comes down to. I'm sure Vicious' gonna be selling Dominators for a couple of more decades. The Buco craze will pass and I really wonder what RMC is gonna do then? Oh, right... This.

I agree, I also hope that the Shinki craze will pass as well. For the Lightning type of jackets, you really need a stiffer hide to keep the shape in check. Buco will still be around for a long while with their marketings, until somebody dig up another vintage brand to revive.

Blackadder

Saw the jacket today at RM store in Tokyo. Very soft leather. Not sure if you that's a selling point for a Lewis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points