Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Life Magazine Cover of the Queen Mary

ITG

Call Me a Cab
A few days ago I picked up a mint copy of a Life magazine with the Queen Mary ship on the cover. It just popped out at me! Had to have it (not particularly cheap-$45) but I wondered how hard it'd be to find a mint one like this again. I didn't know she ever graced a Life magazine cover. What a treat. Anyone else out there have this mag? Evidentally not many of these were printed and it's a pretty rare cover. (April 19, 1937)

Look at this shot...pure beauty...
cv041937.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Great Cover!

Both Life and Look have some super cover shots. I'll occasionally give vintage periodicals( from the appropriate day/week/year) to people as birthday and anniversary gifts. You're right, those in pristine condition can be a little pricey.

I've used this dealer several times.

http://www.2neatmagazines.com/

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
ITG said:
A few days ago I picked up a mint copy of a Life magazine with the Queen Mary ship on the cover. It just popped out at me! Had to have it (not particularly cheap-$45) but I wondered how hard it'd be to find a mint one like this again. I didn't know she ever graced a Life magazine cover. What a treat. Anyone else out there have this mag? Evidentally not many of these were printed and it's a pretty rare cover. (April 19, 1937)

Look at this shot...pure beauty...
cv041937.jpg

I have a copy of the same mag....but I was dismayed to realise that there is no article about her.....in the magazine..

The article inside is about Queen Mary, the monarch..not the ship.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
I have a copy of the same mag....but I was dismayed to realise that there is no article about her.....in the magazine..

The article inside is about Queen Mary, the monarch..not the ship.
I think there's a small article toward the back. Mine is in a clear plastic sleeve, and I'm about to head out to class, otherwise I'd go look and tell which page number.

Wild Root

Gone Home
They have a copy of this on display in a shop window on the RMS Queen Mary! I've seen it, MK pointed it out to me... I'm almost sure it's still there.

Yeah, there should be a little spot about the ship where it describes about the cover. Most Life Mags I have, have a description about what's on the cover.

Even though there's not a full article about it, it would make a nice framed piece!

=WR=

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
Would anyone be able to offer up a scan of this? I could trade you for a front and back cover scan of a July '37 National Geographic and scans of some vintage archeological post cards.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap wow, great find! I am very much looking forward to seeing the Queen Mary in person!
I have a few old life magazine's myself that I absolutely love also :) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112