Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Living the WWII Homefront Life

Midlagedfangirl

New in Town
Is anyone else interested in trying out the WWII "lifestyle" including rationing, as it was on the American Home front? My friend and I have been doing this for the past five months, and it is very interesting.

I think we could all learn a lot, and share a lot.

VintageLincoln

New in Town
Is anyone else interested in trying out the WWII "lifestyle" including rationing, as it was on the American Home front? My friend and I have been doing this for the past five months, and it is very interesting.
I think we could all learn a lot, and share a lot.

Hi there. I have been thinking for a while that I would like to have a go at living off British rations but my OH is reluctant. He likes to eat a lot of cheese! How have you found it? What resources did you use?

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
I haven't started rationing yet but I quit my full-time job last year to be a 1940s house wife (my dream job). I've been dressing like this for 10 years and slowly turning my 1940 bungalow into a time capsule house. Next year I hope to have a victory garden started.

My dream job is to also be a housewife. I am still single at 45 years old and can not wait till I can retire in the next ten years then I can devote myself to the home and also travel to more classic car shows in the hopes of catching the eye of a single traditional man my age, hehehe.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112