Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Bedford In Black HH

strokes1251

Practically Family
I have Finally have added a Lost worlds creation to collection (had to start all over and clear house when I decided I wanted a new car but thats a different story for another day at the therapist ;)) These pictures are not the best pictures but they were the best I could do for now (ill try and take better ones this weekend) Now on the jacket! Im amazed at the construction and eye to detail and god its heavy! Also the grain on it looks awesome and the lining feels like a Carhatt jacket I have to use for cold work days. Also its labeled as a 42 but it now way in hell feels like a 42 lol! The previous owner brought it new and what a coincidence that he lived up the street from my work site so the whole deal making was so much easier to go down with. Also for the price I knew I would have kicked myself if I hadn't bought it then and there! Hopefully if all goes well by the end of the year Ill try and add a Langlitz, Aero, an Alexanders leathers and a couple other lost worlds. Some may not like the way Stuart does business or writes his descriptions on his site but boy god can he make a good coat!

33w2i2o.jpg

2qlessm.jpg

25kojyv.jpg

2ntwx1z.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have seen a couple of LW jackets and noted incredible workmanship in construction. Congratulations on a fine acquisition.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is much nicer than the pics of it on their website. It's also the first shot of a LW I've seen in which the leather looked soft and malleable. The green-eyed monster raises her hideous head once again.

trapp

Practically Family
Wow - now that's a leather jacket!

I've never seen a Lost Worlds that's so grainy and with so much character. Nice score!

strokes1251

Practically Family
Thanks guys! and the fit is spot on (in my eyes) the guy just happened to be an inch or 2 shorter than me so as for length it was perfect! This jacket is awesome I think Im gonna spend my vacation up in bear bear to put this bad boy to use as its already getting hot in LA -.-
Hey Worf get yourself one I know you will enjoy. This style is just owned that has to be owned to be appreciated.
@ Tropicalbob Thanks for that Ill try and take so better ones in the light tomorrow since Im officially on my vacation. The jacket has been somewhat broken in still stiff but nothing that wearing it wont fix lol :p
@trapp thanks man! the grain on it remind me of a Taubers cafe racer I had from the 40s its so awesome!

Superfluous

Great jacket.

I would love to get a LW jacket but, unfortunately, Stuart will not work with HH less than 3 oz.

Does anyone know from where Stuart sources his leather? Its not Horween.

Superfluous

My e-mail exchange with Stuart from one week ago:

Stuart: "We do not use Horween leather."

Me: "I thought I read somewhere that you use Horween."

Stuart: "You likely did read such but of course it's not true. Virtually nothing is on these forums/blogs. On our site we indicate we own our own tannery. Supple 3.0 oz."

pawineguy

One Too Many
My e-mail exchange with Stuart from one week ago:

Stuart: "We do not use Horween leather."

Me: "I thought I read somewhere that you use Horween."

Stuart: "You likely did read such but of course it's not true. Virtually nothing is on these forums/blogs. On our site we indicate we own our own tannery. Supple 3.0 oz."

Interesting... tanneries aren't exactly hiding all over, but perhaps if that's the case, then that's bigger business for Stu?

strokes1251

Practically Family
The guy I bought it from said it was the heaviest one they had at lost worlds so 4 oz? All I know is that its thick and heavy. And @Superflourus I have seen some jackets are offered in lighter leathers did you mean this coat isn't offered in lighter weight?
I tried to take more pics but for some reason its cloudy and raining in LA today -.-
And Guys lets keep it to just talking about Jackets in this thread god know show many threads Ive seen on here deterring off topic! lol :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk