Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Bedford In Black HH

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Excellent grab sir -- nice work. Look's like that heavy HH is aging just beautifully. I hadn't heard about the Bedford...My russet brown LW Speed Demon, also of heavy horse, is a force to be reckoned with. I've taken to wearing it at home and to bed for break in. The wife thinks I'm nuts ;) In the future, I may order a "black" SD -- but out of Stu's lighter horse, 3.25 oz +, I think... My LW Roadmaster, made from his lighter HH, is a dream to wear -- it's just perfect, especially for those cool evenings where a heavy hide jacket would be too much.

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, every time I look at that jacket it makes me want to move back up north. That jacket, a black Stetson Stratoliner, scarf, dark corduroys and a pair of engineers and I'd be set for anything.

strokes1251

Practically Family
@Superfluous Ahh my bad I got confused on that one. You know Stuart the leather is heavy for "riding
@sheedog149 Thank you! It truly is beautiful. I have been wearing it non stop since Ive gotten it and I also wear it in bed with all the windows open. Quite warm and comfy! Can you post up pics of your Russet brown Speed demon? Ive only seen it in black. Im thinking about ordering (if he makes it the way I want to) a Buco J100 with Russet sleeves and Black body with a brown D pocket from him later in the year.
@tropicalbob I wear this coat with my brown Chippewas but dont need much else as its already warm enough!

tropicalbob

Anybody ever notice that in Stuart's jacket descriptions, once you get past all the Yosemite Sam yellin' and screamin' (dad-blasted metrosexuals!) there are always several sentences where he's saying,"C'mere, kid. Now take a look at that leather! That stitching! Incredible!" I get the feeling that Stuart would rather shoot himself than sell an inferior product. Mislabeling his jackets? Forget it.

Sheepdog149

Practically Family
Anybody ever notice that in Stuart's jacket descriptions, once you get past all the Yosemite Sam yellin' and screamin' (dad-blasted metrosexuals!) there are always several sentences where he's saying,"C'mere, kid. Now take a look at that leather! That stitching! Incredible!" I get the feeling that Stuart would rather shoot himself than sell an inferior product. Mislabeling his jackets? Forget it.
LOL! He's earned the right to talk smack... His jackets are beautiful.

strokes1251

Practically Family
Thats a beautiful jacket! definitely gonna look into getting that two tone j100 now with that color going on the sleeves (unless I decided to go with an aero b3 or thunderbay hmmmm....). Oh and thanks for the compliments guys haven't stop wearing this jacket but I think I might only wear it at night since Im back in LA :( lol. I recently found an old Woolwich Flannel and decided it looked good with the jacket. Im trying to get better pics of it out in the sun with a Mannequin but heres some pics for now, the grain is beautiful!
2d0b04p.jpg

2dj1nuu.jpg

2wlri2w.jpg

2ai4qa9.jpg

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Awesome jacket, the pics really show it off.

Super, you can have him make the jacket with 3.0 oz leather. I did that with a russet Downtown I bought from him. I've posted it on a thread.

It is much lighter than jackets of his that I have (and have had) in 4.0 oz and the leather is much more pliable and comfortable. I think it strikes the right balance.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
One of the most characterful LW jackets I've seen here. I generally can't get too fussed about LW. They're kind of the VW, or maybe Audi, of jackets: brilliantly made, solid and dependable, but kinda lacking in pizazz.

sweetfights

I have Finally have added a Lost worlds creation to collection (had to start all over and clear house when I decided I wanted a new car but thats a different story for another day at the therapist ;)) These pictures are not the best pictures but they were the best I could do for now (ill try and take better ones this weekend) Now on the jacket! Im amazed at the construction and eye to detail and god its heavy! Also the grain on it looks awesome and the lining feels like a Carhatt jacket I have to use for cold work days. Also its labeled as a 42 but it now way in hell feels like a 42 lol! The previous owner brought it new and what a coincidence that he lived up the street from my work site so the whole deal making was so much easier to go down with. Also for the price I knew I would have kicked myself if I hadn't bought it then and there! Hopefully if all goes well by the end of the year Ill try and add a Langlitz, Aero, an Alexanders leathers and a couple other lost worlds. Some may not like the way Stuart does business or writes his descriptions on his site but boy god can he make a good coat!

33w2i2o.jpg

2qlessm.jpg

25kojyv.jpg

2ntwx1z.jpg

Superb- I am jealous. I have been looking at the Downtown for a while now.
Well done

Bern1

One of the Regulars
One of the most characterful LW jackets I've seen here. I generally can't get too fussed about LW. They're kind of the VW, or maybe Audi, of jackets: brilliantly made, solid and dependable, but kinda lacking in pizazz.

Funny. Sloan, I can see how that could be said....Stuart might even agree with you! Although I don't know about the car reference part....he might prefer something less "commie" or "metro", ha ha.

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Dunno, almost nobody here keeps/wears a jacket long enough to give it character. Let's be real, there's more pics by far of guys new jackets than guys 5/10/15+ year old jackets with lots of wear.
Maybe that's why. Hence I'm on a tear to actually do just that for a while.

Well when you do wear one for 10 years, you know you've got a good one! I had an Easy Ryder for over ten years, wore it on all long distance rides. I recently gave it up because it was a little too large, its' replacement is the same model in a smaller size. Although it's almost as old, it doesn't have quite the wear yet, but I will be putting some miles on it from here on out!

The rest of my jackets don't get that much time simply as a matter of where I live. Most of the year it is simply too warm to wear one. My wife has to listen to me talk about how I wish I could wear leather jackets more often.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112