Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds J23 Initial Review

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
A package arrived last week from New York. It was my order from Stuart, a LW J23, in stock size 44, with quilted lining. I specified sleeves to be as long as a "normal" jacket could be but not actually a Tall, the largest main zipper they could supply, and 4-Oz FQHH. It weighs in a little over 8.5 lbs. It came with the snap-on fur collar, which I may start to use if I can get "used" to it.

So it's everything his website says it is. As the photos below show (taken Saturday afternoon, with about 2 days of wearing it to start the break-in) it is going to be a journey getting this horse broken! The stitching, snaps, zippers, lining, it's all so perfectly constructed. I am very impressed with attention to detail LW clearly puts into their jackets. I also like the fit, it has just enough room to allow a heavy shirt underneath, and the torso area covers my belt nearly completely. Overall, very satisfied, just working on breaking it in and hoping the FQHH become more flexible over the next few months. I'll post some front/rear/inside shots later, for now here's some fit photos:
DSC_0076.JPG
DSC_0077.JPG
DSC_0079.JPG DSC_0078.JPG
That little "crease" in the back straightens out if I adjust the jacket a bit. Here's my Easy Rider, (by way of Sweetfights) for comparison, it's a 42 Long with 26.5" sleeves special ordered. It gets the same "crease" in the same spot as well:

DSC_0081.JPG DSC_0082.JPG

Really impressed with the quality of Stu's products! :)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
First thanks for the great comments. These jackets are both quite wonderful.

^^Sweetfights - For the belt - It was an additional $200 and I was already spending a lot...so I held back. I also find that I don't always enjoy having the belts on Perfecto styles anyway, so I was not too upset to not have one. Maybe someday, if my bank account recovers. :)

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First thanks for the great comments. These jackets are both quite wonderful.

^^Sweetfights - For the belt - It was an additional $200 and I was already spending a lot...so I held back. I also find that I don't always enjoy having the belts on Perfecto styles anyway, so I was not too upset to not have one. Maybe someday, if my bank account recovers. :)
I know- $200 in addition is a lot of money. Most guys pass on it!
Congrats on that jacket!!!

Edward

Bartender
I'll make fun of the ramblings on LW site, the blue horse gif and all that but never of the product they're making. This is perfection. I want and need one. Some day, it's happening. It's perfect in every regard, AeroFan. Best fitting jacket you've ever had.

I've never been convinced I could cope with dealing directly with Stu based on his daft website ranting (and the strong dollar, and Aero being on my doorstep), BUT you just can't deny the quality of his product.

I've never been convinced I could cope with dealing directly with Stu based on his daft website ranting (and the strong dollar, and Aero being on my doorstep), BUT you just can't deny the quality of his product.
It's funny, his email communications are completely polite, brief and quite to the point. I don't get the feeling Stu wants to talk shop but when your jackets look this good. You don't have to. You don't have to rant either but I find it comical and ridiculous.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A package arrived last week from New York. It was my order from Stuart, a LW J23, in stock size 44, with quilted lining. I specified sleeves to be as long as a "normal" jacket could be but not actually a Tall, the largest main zipper they could supply, and 4-Oz FQHH. It weighs in a little over 8.5 lbs. It came with the snap-on fur collar, which I may start to use if I can get "used" to it.

So it's everything his website says it is. As the photos below show (taken Saturday afternoon, with about 2 days of wearing it to start the break-in) it is going to be a journey getting this horse broken! The stitching, snaps, zippers, lining, it's all so perfectly constructed. I am very impressed with attention to detail LW clearly puts into their jackets. I also like the fit, it has just enough room to allow a heavy shirt underneath, and the torso area covers my belt nearly completely. Overall, very satisfied, just working on breaking it in and hoping the FQHH become more flexible over the next few months. I'll post some front/rear/inside shots later, for now here's some fit photos:
View attachment 97631 View attachment 97632 View attachment 97633 View attachment 97634
That little "crease" in the back straightens out if I adjust the jacket a bit. Here's my Easy Rider, (by way of Sweetfights) for comparison, it's a 42 Long with 26.5" sleeves special ordered. It gets the same "crease" in the same spot as well:

View attachment 97635 View attachment 97636

Really impressed with the quality of Stu's products! :)
Already has some impressive grain showing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ