Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds J23 Initial Review

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Awesome looking jacket and great fit! I’d love to add a LW jacket to my wardrobe but in all honesty, I’ve got too many jackets already without having to worry about putting the time into breaking a LW in properly.

Awesome looking jacket and great fit! I’d love to add a LW jacket to my wardrobe but in all honesty, I’ve got too many jackets already without having to worry about putting the time into breaking a LW in properly.
C'mon man...I mean is it entirely too redundant for me to want to own this? One thing that doesn't get mentioned too often but a feature I really like is LW's flight nylon/satin quilted liner...it's a pleasure against the skin.
BucoPJ2750L-3A.jpg

BucoPJ2750L-1A.jpg
BucoPJ2750L-2A.jpg

SJC

Suspended
A package arrived last week from New York. It was my order from Stuart, a LW J23, in stock size 44, with quilted lining. I specified sleeves to be as long as a "normal" jacket could be but not actually a Tall, the largest main zipper they could supply, and 4-Oz FQHH. It weighs in a little over 8.5 lbs. It came with the snap-on fur collar, which I may start to use if I can get "used" to it.

So it's everything his website says it is. As the photos below show (taken Saturday afternoon, with about 2 days of wearing it to start the break-in) it is going to be a journey getting this horse broken! The stitching, snaps, zippers, lining, it's all so perfectly constructed. I am very impressed with attention to detail LW clearly puts into their jackets. I also like the fit, it has just enough room to allow a heavy shirt underneath, and the torso area covers my belt nearly completely. Overall, very satisfied, just working on breaking it in and hoping the FQHH become more flexible over the next few months. I'll post some front/rear/inside shots later, for now here's some fit photos:
View attachment 97631 View attachment 97632 View attachment 97633 View attachment 97634
That little "crease" in the back straightens out if I adjust the jacket a bit. Here's my Easy Rider, (by way of Sweetfights) for comparison, it's a 42 Long with 26.5" sleeves special ordered. It gets the same "crease" in the same spot as well:

View attachment 97635 View attachment 97636

Really impressed with the quality of Stu's products! :)
Omg Now that jacket is bad ass !!!!!!!That is the most spectacular bike jacket I've ever seen. Congratulations.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great jacket & Great fit
The J23 has been in my sights for a while, but I have something else coming first :)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
C'mon man...I mean is it entirely too redundant for me to want to own this? One thing that doesn't get mentioned too often but a feature I really like is LW's flight nylon/satin quilted liner...it's a pleasure against the skin.
BucoPJ2750L-3A.jpg

BucoPJ2750L-1A.jpg
BucoPJ2750L-2A.jpg

That one is nice but the one that actually has me intrigued is the Leathertogs.. I nearly bought it about five times in the past two weeks. If I sell one more of my jackets, I may just go for it. I'm hesitant to spend 1,6k on a jacket but it's different if you sell jackets for 1,6k beforehanded, right? That makes it perfectly reasonable, no insanity purchase,right? RIGHT??
lw.jpg
pic borrowed from lostworldsinc.com

I can feel the $$ start to slip away...that leather togs is cool...
Randy, How long did you wait? Stu delivered my jacket literally to the day (he quoted me 8 weeks).

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Love the OP’s jacket, hopefully it’s breaking in nicely. LW is always outstanding kit. I’m almost reluctant to go to the website, I always want to buy something!

Reactions: SJC

ksozay

One Too Many
Purely financial reasons. Love the jacket, but have to let it go.

Love this jacket every time I see it... I'm tempted to recommend we start a Go Fund Me for Randy to keep his jacket. Shit, I'd kick in some money if it meant he got to keep it.

Reactions: SJC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto