Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

a4f30a9f-c2fb-400d-a8c7-8f88de1fa091_zpsbbgl3wkz.jpg

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry to hear about Steel, BW. That's sad. We lost our kitty of 12 years in January this year to liver cancer. My thoughts are with you, man.

Thank you. We had to put him down yesterday. I handled it easier than I thought because I had time to say goodbye as well as spoil him. I gave him all the people food that he like such as mayo & strawberry jam. He also liked 1% milk but only out of the cup that I was using. He didn't like skim or 2% . He didn't drink out of a bowl either. It has to be a cup that I was using.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Thank you. We had to put him down yesterday. I handled it easier than I thought because I had time to say goodbye as well as spoil him. I gave him all the people food that he like such as mayo & strawberry jam. He also liked 1% milk but only out of the cup that I was using. He didn't like skim or 2% . He didn't drink out of a bowl either. It has to be a cup that I was using.

I had a Burmese that had a similar condition. I tried my best to give him the
treatment prescribed but it was no use.
That was the hardest thing I had to do.
I have a cat (Polo) who loves the outdoors but can only sleep safely when he is
by my feet.
I realize that someday he too will be gone & I try to have as much fun time
with him as possible.

I hope with time, the pain will diminish, but not the memories.

2h2npsg.png

Polo listening to music to calm down.
He can’t understand how Lizzie is going to explain to her cat when she gets home
& smelling of dog ! :mad:

Last edited:

Ralph_Phillips

One of the Regulars
This is Goober. He's a mixed breed, half Red Heeler, half unknown. Two large dogs killed him a couple of months ago. Goober was 19 years old when he died and he was senile but before that he was the smartest farm dog imaginable. That probably goes without saying because farm dogs do not live anywhere near as long as he did. When he died, the rest of the dogs here were depressed for a month or more.

The two photos attached are Goober from about the year 2001, and one of him covered in mud, taken in early 2015. For some reason he was scared of cameras, so he was hard to photograph.

goober 1.jpg

2015-04-02-004627_IMG_3369_1.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thank you. We had to put him down yesterday. I handled it easier than I thought because I had time to say goodbye as well as spoil him.
That helps, that of course and rainbow bridge. Get your handkerchief ready:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them, in our dreams, of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Your cat is an MG fan, (the octagon cat tag,) I remember a lady from the Avengers who wore a leather cat suit. Back then she was every teenagers fantasy, and a lot of older guys too, I shouldn't wonder.
cat suit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112