Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Good bye Marley...

2006 - 2017

32822067595_a062942e0b_c.jpg

Sorry to hear about Marley.

No time and no inclination to take pictures... shortly after dark last week, a dreadful shriek and barking, then the smell. Both my dogs got skunked in the face. Were they (and me) miserable. Three baths under the hose and a fourth in the bathtub barely dented the smell. It's gotten better unless they get wet.

So, did they learn a lesson? Only that they hate baths. Dummies!

Any sure fire fixes for skunked dogs?
There are some recommended remedies here. My sister-in-law's dog groomer swears by tomato juice, but other websites state that's only for humans because the tomato juice doesn't permeate the dog's fur as well as other concoctions.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
No time and no inclination to take pictures... shortly after dark last week, a dreadful shriek and barking, then the smell. Both my dogs got skunked in the face. Were they (and me) miserable. Three baths under the hose and a fourth in the bathtub barely dented the smell. It's gotten better unless they get wet.

So, did they learn a lesson? Only that they hate baths. Dummies!

Any sure fire fixes for skunked dogs?

I recall an episode of the Partridge Family where they used tomato juice, but I have heard that was an old wives' tale. We have dodged that bullet so far!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot