Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

I guess it can be a random mutation, but the literature - including humans - trends toward an inheritable trait. Your puppy is really cute!
In Louisiana Catahoula Leopards the merles (red leopard & blue leopard) can even have "cracked" eyes. It can be half & half, sometimes it can be just a wedge. It is more common in the merles than it is in the tricolor or solid color dogs.

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4724.JPG

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
An example of a magnificent Catahoula with color wedges in both eyes.

sa9WBkFgIuvRK9OuPGRblnaga3t3SWhoPxxXrH-V9kp3pLuOu31IjjLm9vBGv_UOGFl_KZWjkbbviAm5ISzM--XU9VIoXqQ6u54m

UgnxyYvgO_u-LBX3ldWXHo-kAeWhY0lPNkWdEAyX4WzebEmhqIfqcv5j8fBqnM0IWvSV0JH7SYICxdt4muUck92ei84lLwwe4gT-

rej53kK-p3ECpWl2Fd0BKVSc-gAZ1VyJX4bj7LTiTfIhpztSKgdpBqjW5NiDGjwO07XGf-f30Yek0d4bOMoHdRpcGEzMx4aQJ-I
Beautiful dogs! Yours was sure a cute puppy, which grew into a beautiful dog. After seeing your posts, I looked up the breed. I was surprised that the name Catahoula is of Choctaw origin, meaning sacred lake. I thought that was pretty cool, as I am of Chickasaw descent, cousins to the Choctaw.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider