Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Here are my kittens...well I say kittens, they are 8 months old but weigh about 12lb each!!

Inigo
279956867_6f914c8529.jpg

Fezzik
288814636_1e1db7dc95.jpg

Both together - you can't see much with black on black!
279956835_8793a645d1.jpg

They are so cute when they hang out together
278992085_f408c5153f.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! Yes my boyfriend named them after his favourite film, the Princess Bride. I need a little girl so I can call her Buttercup!

They are very sleek and shiny aren't they! Must be their part-oriental genes! And good food with all those Omega whatsits in. I am dying my blonde bit away this week though so they won't match me any more unfortunately. lol

Lord Jagged

New in Town
I love pets, especially cats! After my lovely Burmese died I spent a few pet-less years. I hated being without a cat but, being both divorced and working long hours away from home, I felt it wasn't fair to buy a replacement.

<sad violin music plays>

Well OK. A friend who keeps garter snakes suggested I get one and although his snakes are cuties I wasn't entirely sure but I did like the idea of a pet who would be perfectly happy without me being home for a few days at a time. I took a trip out to our local garden centre a few months after the suggestion and they had a very nice reptile centre. I wandered around happily for half an hour, shivering at the spiders and grinning at the tortoises before coming around to the snakes and remembering my friends suggestion. To cut a long story short, well shorter, I fell for a ghost corn snake and have been delighted with him. He is full of personality in a way I would never have expected from a snake. Friendly, active, tame and easy to care for. Not everyone's cup of chai but I am a convert!

salazar1.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Thanks guys! Yes my boyfriend named them after his favourite film, the Princess Bride. I need a little girl so I can call her Buttercup!

Aaaaaaaaassssssss yoooooooooooouuuuuuuu wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish!

Warden

One Too Many
You know things are bad if you have to rope in your dog to make up the numbers at a re-enactment event.

This is Angus as the Civil Defence Rescue Dog.

img19.gif

We also have a white greyhound, a horse and a parrott. There is now a rule in our house, any livestock that dies does not get replaced.

Harry

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
LadyStardust said:
First is Tootsie, a Boston Terrier, the youngest pet.

[img=http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2222/1454561eb7.th.jpg]
I'm trying to talk my wife into a Boston Terrier! I love those dogs!

Not as much as I love my own cattledog, Indiana, though.

Here's my little Blue Heeler:
Indiana.jpg

Here's the sleepy girl:
Indy-Sleepy.jpg

James, I don't know if your Heeler is anything like mine, but man, bath time is not fun! She hates a bath! She's pretty good about it, but I have to close up the house before I even turn on the water or she is gone!

She's also the most sensitive dog I've ever met. She gets really upset when I start swearing about stuff. It really helps me to calm down because I hate to upset her; it's like therapy!

Mojave Jack said:
James, I don't know if your Heeler is anything like mine, but man, bath time is not fun! She hates a bath! She's pretty good about it, but I have to close up the house before I even turn on the water or she is gone!

She's also the most sensitive dog I've ever met. She gets really upset when I start swearing about stuff. It really helps me to calm down because I hate to upset her; it's like therapy!

Bath? What bath. :p Same thing around here. She hates it with a passion but she doesn't mind standing out in the rain. Go figure. [huh]
Samantha herds kids when they get out of hand. She will literally tell them off (bark in an indignant way) and jump on them. :p I had to laugh the last time it happened. "She barked at me."
No kidding.
What were you doing?
Chasing each other around.
There is no chasing in this yard.:D

Regards,

J

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My prettie kittie

Here is my longest male relationship :p

Brasco
218784_1131471881.jpg

Hes a Maine Coon I got from the pound over 8 years ago. He was a mess when I got him (hair falling out, not nudered, declawed :( agressive...) and HATED to be touched.

218784_1131471898.jpg

After I had him for one year, I remember coming home from work, and he came to the door and rolled over on his back and let me pet his tummy! It was a first! :D

LD

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Here is my longest male relationship :p

Brasco
218784_1131471881.jpg

Hes a Maine Coon I got from the pound over 8 years ago. He was a mess when I got him (hair falling out, not nudered, declawed :( agressive...) and HATED to be touched.

218784_1131471898.jpg

After I had him for one year, I remember coming home from work, and he came to the door and rolled over on his back and let me pet his tummy! It was a first! :D

LD
Wow! What a handsome fella! It's amazing what a little love and patience can do, ain't it?

Grantgirl

New in Town
FYI for the pet owners

Hi John, Sorry I couldn't send you a private message. I think my account isn't authorized to do that yet but I wanted to post a list of toxic food to dogs that someone on the rat terrier forum posted. I found it most helpful and found out I had actually given my dog grapes which were on the list. I think your avocados are on there too so I wanted to make sure you had the list. I never knew there were so many things our 'babies' shouldn't eat. The site has some great first aid tips as well. Your dog is adorable by the way!!!

http://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/toxic-foods.html

ps. I would post pictures of my dog but I'm not sure how to do it yet. :)

Grantgirl

New in Town
Oh I love the picture of your dog "smoking". We used to give Minnie those bones and we always told her not to smoke in the house haha...
She is such a pig she would almost swallow them whole and then spend the rest of the night trying to get them down. Since she is only 8.5 lbs, it wasn't pretty :eusa_doh:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Yeah great. The last time you gave her grapefruit she was sick for two days. :( Grapefruit is not for dogs.
I still have the dog shampoo here waiting for you. :rolleyes:

Regards,

J
She was sick because she had other issues which required surgery.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto