Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

Pad Thai - meh...

I'll never understand the allure of Thai food. It's just Chinese food that wants to be Indian.

I respect how you feel about it as this is all taste / opinions, but IMHO Thai - done well - is lighter and simpler in taste and feel than most Chinese food (basing this on US restaurants, not food in the actual countries).

Most Chinese food (again, in the US) is too heavy and has too many ingredients, IMHO; Thai food is lighter and I can recognize what I am eating.

That said, I've been to different Thai and Chinese restaurants in different parts of the country and the experience is so varied, that what I'm saying might not be at all reflective of your experience. Even in NYC, the experiences vary greatly.

...it's the allure of Thai women.;)

Chocolate chip cookies, diet Coke, and digesting some thoroughbred handicap data-Baffert has horses running at Los Alamitos tomorrow.

I have had many a chocolate chip cookie and diet coke meal - fueled me through many a trading day and, before that, many a days at college.

Baffert's horses are ones I alway pay attention to. (Plus, the guy looks scripted out of central casting to be a West Coast, high-profile-race trainer.)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Crunchy Cheetoes and Sprite Zero; U of Penn's Daily Pennsylvanian. Students removed a portrait of William Shakespeare off the walls of the English Department.

-What fools these mortals be-;)

Crunchy Cheetoes and Sprite Zero; U of Penn's Daily Pennsylvanian. Students removed a portrait of William Shakespeare off the walls of the English Department.

-What fools these mortals be-;)

I would think English students would be Shakespeare fans - as an English minor, I know I was and am.

Had Sprite Zero myself today, but with bread and butter for lunch.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Hope you mean Brian "Scum of the Earth" Kelly....not that I have an opinion on the matter. :)

Kelly had ten wins last year, and the wheels just fell off this season... Never a fan, nor a foe either but I always felt his hire was a mistake.:(
Both Kizer and Zaire are gone-K to the NFL draft and Z transferring-hoped the Bears might have had a shot at Kizer, though it seems improbable.

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I think he was afraid of the competition so he just screwed over the Bearcats to avoid a lopsided loss on his record.

That jives with the bar rep in Chicago and South Bend, with which the Declan Sullivan accidental death and the St Mary coed's suicide,
surfaced again earlier this season with his leniency toward several players involved with police issues. Kelly seemed oddly apathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points