Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

OldStrummer

Practically Family
I have never been known to turn down a lunch of pho.

2017-03-05%2012.15.36-L.jpg

A Streit's salted matzo with a slice of Kraft American cheese melted over it, sprinkled with a bit of worcestershire sauce. This is a cheap, dirty, and pan-ethnic version of Welsh Rabbit for those days when you're too busy to care.

You were not made on a assembly line - nope, it was custom parts all the way.

Matzos are, IMHO, just large sized Saltine crackers, so whatever you can do with a Saltine, you can do with a matzo. I've melted plenty of pieces of American cheese on Saltines in my life (usually via the microwave to make it one of the fastest meals to prep ever).

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I once had a cat whose favorite snack was matzo. She wouldn't bother with "kitty treats," she turned up her nose at tuna fish, she had no use for scraps of chicken or ham, and she didn't even care for catnip. But once she heard the rustle of the cellophane coming off a box of matzo, she was right there looking for her share. I once saw her drag an entire matzo out of the box and across the room to her secret lair, where she ate the whole thing.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Earlier this morning I packed lunch for the men who work with me. Liverwurst and Swiss Cheeese sandwiches on hard rolls, with a slice of red onion and a dab of Coleman's mustard, apples, dill pickles, and several Thermos bottles of strong coffee.

Yesterday we had creamed herring sandwiches on pumpernickel, which the fellows enjoyed immensely. They've all found new food favorites over the last year or so.

I once had a cat whose favorite snack was matzo. She wouldn't bother with "kitty treats," she turned up her nose at tuna fish, she had no use for scraps of chicken or ham, and she didn't even care for catnip. But once she heard the rustle of the cellophane coming off a box of matzo, she was right there looking for her share. I once saw her drag an entire matzo out of the box and across the room to her secret lair, where she ate the whole thing.

Substitute cat for Snoopy and matzos for dog food:

DUZsEN_VMAAoykP.jpg-large.jpeg

And this:

...she turned up her nose at tuna fish....

Smart cat.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Some leftover cocktail meatballs I heated up and placed in a bun with a slice of Colby Jack cheese. It beat the cold bologna sandwich I had yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21