Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Da-yum, Red! That is absolutely gorgeous!

Is the main ribbon charcoal? And then matching brim binding to the navy felt? I'm so impressed, really. My navy bug is growing!
GO NAVY! I think that was the USN slogan a few years ago. The ribbon is charcoal (thanks to Eric) but I wanted to keep the hat more "formal" with a matching 3/8" brim binding. Can't wait to see this color in the sunshine.

philosophy101

A-List Customer
My Navy Gannon is finished. Just received the images from Mike Gannon and I cannot wait for the mail to come in. I am eager to get my fingers on that crown! I have to review all the videos on the Crease threads. The detail in the bow is an "orange and black" homage to my alma mater (actually bronze, but it reads), tall open crown, 2 5/8" brim.
Yes, I'm excited. View attachment 76709 View attachment 76710 View attachment 76711
OUTSTANDING! The striped bow treatment is very tasteful, and immaculately executed. Wonderful.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
My Navy Gannon is finished. Just received the images from Mike Gannon and I cannot wait for the mail to come in. I am eager to get my fingers on that crown! I have to review all the videos on the Crease threads. The detail in the bow is an "orange and black" homage to my alma mater (actually bronze, but it reads), tall open crown, 2 5/8" brim.
Yes, I'm excited. View attachment 76709 View attachment 76710 View attachment 76711
Love the ribbon and bow work on that. Okay we need to know more on the specs, I assume crown is 6 inches. What else can you tell us? Beaver, etc? I think we need M. Gannon to share the block style he is using on each of our creations.

Wear that in good health. Looking forward to the unboxing photos.

Fantastic, Red. That bow is something else.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Love the ribbon and bow work on that. Okay we need to know more on the specs, I assume crown is 6 inches. What else can you tell us? Beaver, etc? I think we need M. Gannon to share the block style he is using on each of our creations.

Wear that in good health. Looking forward to the unboxing photos.
pretty sure Michael used the same old 52 block on Mikes hat that he used on all of my Gannons

Yes, I'm excited.
I can't say I've warmed to blue hats yet, but this one is truly a thing of beauty. The orange/bronze and black accent on the bow is the perfect touch; it offsets the blue nicely without being ostentatious. I support your thoughts about a Diamond crease, but the hat will surely let you know what it wants.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Wouldn't that be a great vacation for a bunch of hat crazies! We could make a long loop down to Medford and work our way up the state.

For some reason Oregon has a disproportionate number of hatters. Not complaining since I am only 4 hours away from Portland. I should make the trip over again, would like to stop by those who have a retail store front. Would be fun to check out John Fish's place (ThisIsFolklore). End of July I will be flying to Medford specifically to meet Art and get to see at least one of my Milan's shaped at that time. Can't wait.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Michael,

All due respect, that hat is so ugly my eyes hurt just by watching it.

I don't think you want it at home.

It is so bad you should think about shipping it far away, if it is a 7 1/2 you can ship it down here, I can keep it away from you.

PM me so I can send you my shipping address, I am even willing to pay for the shipping charges.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points