Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Single malt is a shade??? On the rocks is a color combo? Now I want a Whiskey and it is 9 am... nevermind it is 11 pm already in Australia so it's whiskey time already !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hahahaha!
You're my kind of man ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Like the man said: It's five o'clock somewhere.

Like the man said: It's five o'clock somewhere.
I first heard that from the boss in my first sales job. He had a drinking problem. We would arrive at the office around 8:30-9:00AM, he had made a vow to his wife not to drink before noon. Upon entering his office in the morning espying the bar he exclaimed..."f**k it, it's noon in Tokyo and pour himself a J&B for breakfast.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Finally home and wearing my Gannon Executive in natural beaver.

i-p8MSgBC-M.jpg

Natural felt is a dynamite hue. Seeing pictures of Chamuco's natural colored felt put that felt on the top of the list. Yes the other natural beaver felted fedoras posted on this thread were attractive, but the weight got to the tipping point when I saw Chamuco's. It pushed me to ask Michael for the felt. Really glad I did. This cool earthy tone I will get a lot of wear from. The crown is soft and very maleable - excatly as asked for and expected. A natural dry crease can be finger adjusted and mostly stays. The side dents stay, but then I do not frequently ask the side dents to be sharp. My side dents have a more gentler look.

Gills! Yes! Great look! I admit that I pushed Michael as the requested number of gills is made difficult with the mid-width ribbon I asked for. Having the dimensions look, number of gills and and the smaller size ribbon were definately challenging. The decision of ribbon color I am very satisfied with. I let Michael gently guide me and the outcome is grand. The brim trim and ribbon contrast really works with the natural felt. The gills have more depth and visual appeal than my first gill ribbon (moss green) hat and I prefer this look. The gills are positioned on the side of the hat at about 10:00 as you look at the top of the hat with the front at 12:00. This allows the depth (open gills) of the ribbon to make the eye seek a further look. Bonus - wind cord that matches!

i-RmtjWtt-M.jpg

i-GDGFL46-M.jpg

No pics yet of the interior, but the sweat and liner is the same Jim's. Man the sweat is the best so far! Soft and yet stiff enough to be worn when sweating. You know how the colored bands can be so shiny that when worn they slip with the slihtest of perspiration - not so this leather sweat. Rocks! I am sold on this style of leather.

i-8MPRpG8-M.jpg

I am REALLY pleased! Like Jim, I may be wearing this hat for many days in a row. You have to acknowledge, even if you are not a gill fan, that this treatment is done well. I tip the brim of the Gannon Executive in Michael's general direction for his efforts.

Proud to be a continuing Michael customer. Best, Eric -

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

i-p8MSgBC-M.jpg

Natural felt is a dynamite hue. Seeing pictures of Chamuco's natural colored felt put that felt on the top of the list. Yes the other natural beaver felted fedoras posted on this thread were attractive, but the weight got to the tipping point when I saw Chamuco's. It pushed me to ask Michael for the felt. Really glad I did. This cool earthy tone I will get a lot of wear from. The crown is soft and very maleable - excatly as asked for and expected. A natural dry crease can be finger adjusted and mostly stays. The side dents stay, but then I do not frequently ask the side dents to be sharp. My side dents have a more gentler look.

Gills! Yes! Great look! I admit that I pushed Michael as the requested number of gills is made difficult with the mid-width ribbon I asked for. Having the dimensions look, number of gills and and the smaller size ribbon were definately challenging. The decision of ribbon color I am very satisfied with. I let Michael gently guide me and the outcome is grand. The brim trim and ribbon contrast really works with the natural felt. The gills have more depth and visual appeal than my first gill ribbon (moss green) hat and I prefer this look. The gills are positioned on the side of the hat at about 10:00 as you look at the top of the hat with the front at 12:00. This allows the depth (open gills) of the ribbon to make the eye seek a further look. Bonus - wind cord that matches!

i-RmtjWtt-M.jpg

i-GDGFL46-M.jpg

No pics yet of the interior, but the sweat and liner is the same Jim's. Man the sweat is the best so far! Soft and yet stiff enough to be worn when sweating. You know how the colored bands can be so shiny that when worn they slip with the slihtest of perspiration - not so this leather sweat. Rocks! I am sold on this style of leather.

i-8MPRpG8-M.jpg

I am REALLY pleased! Like Jim, I may be wearing this hat for many days in a row. You have to acknowledge, even if you are not a gill fan, that this treatment is done well. I tip the brim of the Gannon Executive in Michael's general direction for his efforts.

Stupendous achievement, Eric. What a wonderful hat. Kudos to both you and Michael on this new creation. I love the gills... it's got my mind churning....

i-8MPRpG8-M.jpg

Super hat, Eric! Michael knocked another one out of the park. I have this feeling he's going to have a run on gill requests now. And yes, those sweats are like wearing a cloud on your head. What are the dimensions?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Super hat, Eric! Michael knocked another one out of the park. I have this feeling he's going to have a run on gill requests now. And yes, those sweats are like wearing a cloud on your head. What are the dimensions?

Thanks Jim. I agree it will be Gannon Gill time for a while.

Dimensions: Natural felt asked to be pounced light. Open crown. Sand ribbon 12 ligne, 2.5" brim and 5.5" crown. The hat brim is lightly flanged and the crown is straight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points