Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
uncreased, just splendid

How are you Gannon Hat owners enjoying the fedoras?

My hat is becoming a real workhorse of a hat. The charcoal beaver felt is proving to be incredibly weather resistant. On occasions when I would break out my Akubra Camp Draft, I have found myself reaching for the Gannon Wanderer. The ribbon has gotten wet and recovered with nary a mark. I have brushed out marks that have gotten on the felt easily. A challenge has been the liner moving around in the hat, especially when I re-crease it. I have put 2 side tape on the edges and 1 at the top of the liner. That is helping me. I suspect the combo of the dimensions of the liner and the artist listening to me wishing for a "high"crown have combined to produce this solved issue. I have used some steam to work the "snapping" action of the front brim. All in all I am dealing enjoying the Gannon Wanderer.

Any reflections from you folks?

Hat at rest during my day.

i-dsh9LJh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm enjoying my Gannon very much

have had no problems with it at all and have also found it to be a great weather hat

haven't had any liner problems as of yet ... I'll keep you posted

it is really softening up nicely as well with more wear and really molding to my head just as I hoped it would

ingineer

One Too Many
Eric;
mine is of the same quality as my Northwest custom beaver.
in some respects, its better, branded sweat
i've talked to him on the phone and he said he plans to do some small upgrades.
a better sweat ( the existing one is fine , a chrome tanned and marked with name and Portland ) and a upgraded liner with the company name. to me a liner is not important, can always put a Dogman one in
no little bow on the back of the sweat, to be changed.
i had to order a second one in moss green.
he is going to put a flashier ribbon on the next.
copied Moon for this first one
i've not steamed a crease in it yet.
all these years and still can't put in a nice diamond
very happy, esp. for the price

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hats, all, from this new manufacturer. :thumbup:

Michael is great ... and really easy to work with

he works fast as well ... but works with precision

he spent some time under the tutelage of Art Fawcett , so that right there speaks volumes

I believe he will be someone we hear about for a long time

I'm proud to have gotten in early ... planning to order another soon

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A good Saturday evening to all. I am in-between sessions at gymnastics competition (I am coaching). I am excited and sharing a pic of a hat that I am expecting later this coming week. Check it out below.

I am expecting a dark moss felt (dress weight) Wanderer inspired fedora. I am truly excited. The dark moss green I envision as being incredibly versatile (for me).

The charcoal Gannon Wanderer I wear frequently and proudly. I tip my hat in each of your directions and wish you well. Cheers to the
excitement of a new fedora, Eric -

moss hat 1.jpg

A good Saturday evening to all. I am in-between sessions at gymnastics competition (I am coaching). I am excited and sharing a pic of a hat that I am expecting later this coming week. Check it out below.

I am expecting a dark moss felt (dress weight) Wanderer inspired fedora. I am truly excited. The dark moss green I envision as being incredibly versatile (for me).

The charcoal Gannon Wanderer I wear frequently and proudly. I tip my hat in each of your directions and wish you well. Cheers to the
excitement of a new fedora, Eric -

View attachment 41318
Wow! Very nice & love the moss color.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Anthony & Jack. Winchester beaver Moss Green is terrific, IMO.

I have a bespoke fedora from a different artisan in the Winchester felt moss green. It has a depth of color that makes it easy to pair with different attire. The beaver felt in mine, and a couple of others that I have handled have all had the same richness and depth of green. I post a couple of pics below just to highlight the Moss Green felt.

i-MsX7ZvG-S.jpg

i-rSftq8P-S.jpg

Still excited, Eric-

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Agree, Eric. I'm fortunate to own two hats in the Dark Moss, a lightweight fedora and a western.

I think it is one of the best colours Winchester makes and for some reason it seems to enable a more consistent dye job than some of their others.

Thanks Anthony & Jack. Winchester beaver Moss Green is terrific, IMO.

I have a bespoke fedora from a different artisan in the Winchester felt moss green. It has a depth of color that makes it easy to pair with different attire. The beaver felt in mine, and a couple of others that I have handled have all had the same richness and depth of green. I post a couple of pics below just to highlight the Moss Green felt.

i-MsX7ZvG-S.jpg

i-rSftq8P-S.jpg

Still excited, Eric-
Beautiful, & so crisp! Looks great.

RJR

I,too,have a couple of Winchester dark moss.Couldn't agree more re the depth of the color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21