Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Here's a repost of last April when I had if out last. I'll get some fresh pics up soon.

Thanks MM25. I do enjoy the charcoal/gray/blue tones of the felt in your pic. I listed the tones in order of the intensity of color that my eye discerns. I see a dark gray mixed with blue(with even a purplish tint). It is a cool color (vs. warm color).

I am trying this evening to compare downloaded copies of your pic with a copy of my charcoal Gannons. I am curious as to the color differences. Navy colors often appear darker than charcoals in clothes and I suspect the same to be true in Winchester felts. My navy fedora appears darker (although certainly a very rich blue color shade) than my charcoal fedoras. Following that logic - steel blue may indeed be the mix between.

Interesting felt color!

You folks have any comments?

Thanks again. Best, Eric -

Mm25

One Too Many
Thanks MM25. I do enjoy the charcoal/gray/blue tones of the felt in your pic. I listed the tones in order of the intensity of color that my eye discerns. I see a dark gray mixed with blue(with even a purplish tint). It is a cool color (vs. warm color).

I am trying this evening to compare downloaded copies of your pic with a copy of my charcoal Gannons. I am curious as to the color differences. Navy colors often appear darker than charcoals in clothes and I suspect the same to be true in Winchester felts. My navy fedora appears darker (although certainly a very rich blue color shade) than my charcoal fedoras. Following that logic - steel blue may indeed be the mix between.

Interesting felt color!

You folks have any comments?

Thanks again. Best, Eric -

It is more blue in person, but I suspect if you were ask 10 people on street what color it is, not one would state blue as a first choice. It does look darker than charcoal to me, sometimes even tending to black, and is definitely a cool rather than warm color.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
emailing with Michael today he made me aware of something that he is not happy with concerning the current stock of this particular color from Winchester ... and apparently their entire stock of this color has this issue

hit him up to have him explain it to you
Yes, but anyway I had mine made...I like how honest Michael is...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I'd rather not speak on felt that I have not seen ... nor do I want to quote Michael without his permission

there is a problem with the stock of the color... apparently a possible problem in the dye process ?

Rodolfo may know more about it for he is dealing with it right now and may wish to speak on it
@Chamuco
There seems to be some spots or even lines, with a different tone.

I wanted that one so much that I went with it, but yes, Michael wasnt happy about that issue at all.

Anyway, I do believe this happen when you do things by hand, but I also believe Winchester should be aware of this and increase their quality controls.

Have a nice day !!

Right on it Moon.....

e3d78229d1495b7134254af094a962ef.png

That's no Moon...
[emoji1]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I just noticed this thread now has 1,000 replies. Anthony brought Mr. Gannon and his hats to our attention on the FL about 14 months ago. Now there are several enthusiastic customers here posting and singing his praises and we probably account for 60-75 hats (just spitballing here) made by Gannon Hats.

That's quite a record and achievement.

Hats off to Mr. Gannon and also to Moonie, who started this thread. Fine hats and finer folks.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I just noticed this thread now has 1,000 replies. Anthony brought Mr. Gannon and his hats to our attention on the FL about 14 months ago. Now there are several enthusiastic customers here posting and singing his praises and we probably account for 60-75 hats (just spitballing here) made by Gannon Hats.

That's quite a record and achievement.

Hats off to Mr. Gannon and also to Moonie, who started this thread. Fine hats and finer folks.

Hats of to them both !!! Hats off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana