Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Here's my Gannon #2

Granite felt & charcoal ribbon

AAD0684D-CE99-4CEC-8A18-4AE686EA357B_zpsfyejendm.jpg

D6A087D6-74D3-415C-9C9B-D8BF84D77570_zpskdu7zc7c.jpg

596C0AC1-99B8-4019-B604-D412F6E95373_zpsk8kei8ns.jpg
Beautiful!! I am jealous. ;-)

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Thanks guys. Hats and now whiskey! Jeepers whats next the sports car to drive to the liquor store! I need to take yet another job.

Truth, I will have to look into trying a "sipping whiskey." I am curious about the recommendations here and on the drinks and hat thread.

Eric -
Yep. There are worse things in the world then sitting back wearing a fur felt fedora and sipping a glass of whisky. My current favourite is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon (very un-Australian - apologies to my compatriots on FL).

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Yep. There are worse things in the world then sitting back wearing a fur felt fedora and sipping a glass of whisky. My current favourite is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon (very un-Australian - apologies to my compatriots on FL).
Oh, and as for sports cars. There aren't too many bad things to be said about...

http://www.maserati.com.au/maserati/au/en/models/granturismo

2013-maserati-granturismo-mc-stradale_100420118_l.jpg

...you know, other than cost, noise, fuel inefficiency, environmental impact. And not something to enjoy with whisky. But it will certainly get you to the liquor store and back.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Andrew your Maserati really trumps my lowly Porsche Cayenne. Dang that is a fancy-fancy auto. My auto is driven in snow and around. No garage beauty for me. I can not afford a super car like the Maserati but enjoy a penchant for spirited driving.

i-Qd8X2mW-M.jpg

Whiskey - hmmm - jury sill out. Time to consider as the USPS is taking good care of my new hat. Eric -

Last edited:

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Andrew your Maserati really trumps my lowly Porsche Cayenne. Dang that is a fancy-fancy auto. My auto is driven in snow and around. No garage beauty for me. I can not afford a super car like the Maserati but enjoy a penchant for spirited driving.

i-Qd8X2mW-M.jpg

Whiskey - hmmm - jury sill out. Time to consider as the USPS is taking good care of my new hat. Eric -
Eric, it's *a* Maserati NOT *my* Maserati. It was the first car I thought of after reading your sports car comment.

The Cayenne is certainly a nice way to get from A to B.

My latest Gannon took less then a week to get to Melbourne from USA. When I was handed the package my heart sank. One side of the hat box was totally crushed. Luckily the hat was safe inside. A small section of the brim was a bit bent out of shape but it only took a few seconds over the kettle to fix it.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Y'all have some of the best shiraz/syrah based wines in the world as well. That's not an exaggeration at all.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
New hat day! This morning I opened a box from Michael. I would like to introduce you to my new Gannon Wanderer (inspired by the vtg.Stetson of the same name) in a whiskey beaver hued felt with charcoal mid ribbon and trimmings.

i-nNVTW5B-M.jpg

The whiskey colored felt is truly a special hue. To say it is rich with color and the felt with texture is so very Minnesotan in understatement. I really like the color.

i-sDDGgSJ-M.jpg

I took a pic (above) with a steel and a navy felt to better reference the color.

The rising sun started to wash the pics out, but I thought that the pics below do a reasonable job showing the felt hues.

i-hvCvnct-M.jpg

i-cGbtRRW-M.jpg

Thanks for letting me share this special hat with you. Best to all, Eric -

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
New hat day! This morning I opened a box from Michael. I would like to introduce you to my new Gannon Wanderer (inspired by the vtg.Stetson of the same name) in a whiskey beaver hued felt with charcoal mid ribbon and trimmings.

i-nNVTW5B-M.jpg

The whiskey colored felt is truly a special hue. To say it is rich with color and the felt with texture is so very Minnesotan in understatement. I really like the color.

i-sDDGgSJ-M.jpg

I took a pic (above) with a steel and a navy felt to better reference the color.

The rising sun started to wash the pics out, but I thought that the pics below do a reasonable job showing the felt hues.

i-hvCvnct-M.jpg

i-cGbtRRW-M.jpg

Stunning Eric !!! What a lid !!! Congrats my friend !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! Besides taking the hat off to take the above pics it has remained on my head. I have had to look at pics on my mobile phone to remind me of what is on my head. I love the felt hue! The charcoal contrasted ribbon trimmings are dynamite! Whiskey!
I told you, you will love this felt, deep and beautiful and, yes, charcoal contrasts with whiskey in an almost perfect way !!

Keep wearing it !

i-nNVTW5B-M.jpg

i-sDDGgSJ-M.jpg

i-hvCvnct-M.jpg

i-cGbtRRW-M.jpg

The charcoal is a great combo with whiskey. The two tones really play off of each other. Although I still need a "Rodolfo" black cherry, now I need the "Eric" combo as well. How long is the Gannon queue at present?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

i-nNVTW5B-M.jpg

i-sDDGgSJ-M.jpg

i-hvCvnct-M.jpg

i-cGbtRRW-M.jpg

A terrific trio if ever there was one, Eric! I really like how the new Whisky felt works with the charcoal ribbons.

andrew_AU

A-List Customer

i-nNVTW5B-M.jpg

Best to all, Eric -

That's a great looking hat Eric. Enjoy.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I told you, you will love this felt, deep and beautiful and, yes, charcoal contrasts with whiskey in an almost perfect way !!

Keep wearing it !

The charcoal is a great combo with whiskey. The two tones really play off of each other. Although I still need a "Rodolfo" black cherry, now I need the "Eric" combo as well. How long is the Gannon queue at present?

awesome Eric ... simply gorgeous hat with a classic look

many props to Michael for keeping his stacked queue moving along smoothly and timely and for continually turning out a wonderful product

Great new hat, Eric, and terrific comparison shots. The Whiskey felt is, indeed a complicated and mesmerizing hue, and the charcoal ribbon sets it off just so.

Congratulations on your new acquisition.

A terrific trio if ever there was one, Eric! I really like how the new Whisky felt works with the charcoal ribbons.

That's a great looking hat Eric. Enjoy.

Thanks folks. I wore the same hat all day. It has been a long time since I have done that.

i-7KdB2dD-M.jpg

I tip my brim in your direction this evening, Eric -

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

i-nNVTW5B-M.jpg

i-sDDGgSJ-M.jpg

i-hvCvnct-M.jpg

i-cGbtRRW-M.jpg

Thank you for sharing it with us Eric!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider