Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MA-1 Alpha Industries Vintage Series

simmo

Familiar Face
Can anyone tell me what the sizing is like on the Alpha Vintage Series MA-1's i'm guessing from the 90's.The ones with the USAF decal on the arm. Have trouble with sleeve length having long arms but fairly slim at 6 ft tall but dont want a massive bulky body on the jacket so not sure if i should go for a L or XL . Some say they come up small,some they they come up large.Anyone give me a definitive answer.Cheers.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
hi, this is virtually the alpha B-15 jacket, but without the removable fur collar. there's a lonGGG review about alpha, and the b-15 and n-2b on this forum at http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?62608-i-love-wearing-nylons-so-i-bought-a-pair-REViEW-of-the-Alpha-B-15-amp-N-2B

great and authentic to not only milspec, but how alpha constructed these when they made them under contract to the U.S. military.

as for fit, they run military sizing, or a bit small...especially the length.

i'm 6ft and got the b-15, which is basically the jacket you are looking at in cut and fit. for the size 2XL it runs 27.5" long in the back from neck collar seam to bottom of the jacket (including stretch fabric). that is the size i take, which is a comfortable, not tight, fit. however, i have a 46" chest. hopefully that will give you a method to downsize for your upper torso size. but, be aware, the jacket loses about a half-inch for each size down. so if you get an XL that's 27" long in back, and an L is only 26.5" in back. not good for a six-footer.

hope that helps. hope you read the review and enjoy it if you do. i love alphas!

Tavey1969

New in Town
Hello all,new to this site so not sure where to ask,bought a alpha ma1 flight jacket the other day second hand i didnt ask about the label on the inside pocket as it was only £15 buy it now!have searced the internet but cannot find out when it was made,label is faded but what i can make out says:MIL-J-7090E,SPECIAL OPS ALPHA INDUSTRIES?.If there is anyone who could help please.Thank you..

Tavey1969

New in Town
Hello,thank's for your reply,no think it's what you call sage green,its not a very old one but like i've said i cannot find the MIL number anywhere.Thank you again..

Attachments

• 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,511
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,182

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Hello,thank's for your reply,no think it's what you call sage green,its not a very old one but like i've said i cannot find the MIL number anywhere.Thank you again..
That's a civilian jacket (denoted by the three lines on the tag) made by Alpha. It's a 1990s early 2000s model as indicated by the pocket shape. Enjoy it.

Please note we have a looooong thread devoted to USAF nylon (mostly MA-1 jackets, military and civilian) here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ma-1-flight-jacket.72250/

Edward

Bartender

Looks like an MIL number top left, right under the main title.... but if memory serves, the black Alpha label on the left was only affixed to civilian-versions (the milspec style tag was added to many civilian models for authenticity".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points