Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MA-1 Flight jacket

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Ridley Scott wearing MA-1 with vertical stitching on windflap.

blade_runner_ridley_scott_set_photo_01.jpg

Clearly a McQueen fan.
He knows his stuff.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice Dinerman :) Well thrifted.

My Spiewak Civilian L-2B below

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 372

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jacket, always got my eyes open for one of their 'Vintage' L-2Bs :)

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ I haven't handled one of those good Weintraub jackets in person, but the jacket in those photos appears to be not too far behind Buzz.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Here's a rare opportunity to pick up size L or XL Alpha Replica MA-1 jackets, the 2000s Replica series. I had one of these but moved it on as the fit was a bit off for me. The cuffs on these are "incorrect" since they're a heavy ribbed cloth, but they have the advantage of being tough. The fit is slim and long, with high armholes, which is great for Tall/Long people. These have a heavier nylon shell and wool insulation. Not cheap, but for people who want a wool insulated, heavy MA-1 and aren't too fussy about historical accuracy, then these are a good cheap alternative to Buzz.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201533336871?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=500725008198&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

(For what it's worth, I have no affiliation with that seller.)

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Here's a rare opportunity to pick up size L or XL Alpha Replica MA-1 jackets, the 2000s Replica series. I had one of these but moved it on as the fit was a bit off for me. The cuffs on these are "incorrect" since they're a heavy ribbed cloth, but they have the advantage of being tough. The fit is slim and long, with high armholes, which is great for Tall/Long people. These have a heavier nylon shell and wool insulation. Not cheap, but for people who want a wool insulated, heavy MA-1 and aren't too fussy about historical accuracy, then these are a good cheap alternative to Buzz.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201533336871?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=500725008198&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

(For what it's worth, I have no affiliation with that seller.)

Not for $210 plus $28 shipping.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Some people are never happy. But maybe this will cheer up a few folks...

Alpha apparently offers (in Japan) a 1950s style MA-1 with 50% wool 45% cotton 5% nylon insulation. It's clearly not a high-end repro, but if they sold them here I'd get one for sure and probably live happily ever after. The jacket's code is TA1054, in grey or blue. If nothing else it demonstrates that Alpha could do a mid-range repro if they wanted to.

[url=http://postimg.org/image/cv2twvjzp/] [/URL]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21