Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnoli's suits.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
The real Henry said:
@Indy Magnoli: Would it be possible to get your Pankot palace coat with the back of the Marshall coat? I think, a pleated back would make it much more 1930's looking.

BTW- Is it also cut like a 1930's coat(high armholes,...)?

Yes, we can put the Marshall back on the Pankot coat... it'd be an extra $15 for this feature. And as Ray pointed out, the armhole circumference can be given on the form. So if you want the right vintage cut, just be sure to get nice small armhole measurements.

Kind regards,
Indy

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Magnoli, I have a question about lapel size. The Marshall suit lapels look a little skinny to my eyes. Is that just due to the guy wearing it in that specific picture and his size relation to the lapels?
Is there any way to have it cut a little wider?
mc-marsh-pj1.jpg

ray

The real Henry

Practically Family
Ray you're right, in that pic the lapels nearly look like they would be from a 60s suit!

BTW- Look at this suit it's the best one I've ever seen on the german ebay. It looks a bit like the Marshall suit, dosn't it?
ca_12_sb.JPG

dc_12_sb.JPG

7a_12_sb.JPG

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Ghos7a55assin said:
Is there any way to have it cut a little wider?

Ray,

As each suit is hand-made for the wearer, they can be customized any way you like. If you'd like to specify a lapel width, we can accomodate at no extra charge. ;) As for the one in the picture, it does look narrower than the one I wear, I'm not sure why that is though. The lapels on my Marshall are about 3 1/4" wide.

That suit from the German eBay looks great. I quite like the double rear splits.

Kind regards,
Indy

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I must compliment Indy on his suit material. Mine arrived packed into a box not much bigger than a shoebox, and when I unwrapped it, there were no wrinkles at all. I wore it to work on a hot afternoon, and after a 9 hour shift, still no wrinkles. My cheap suits wrinkle like an accordion in the trousers right where the legs meet the waist.

DocFreeze

New in Town
Outstanding Service/Quality

This complete noob needed a suit for a wedding this weekend that reflected "art deco" style. After much research I went with Indy and sent him a photo of a DB 30's suit with peak lapel, patch pockets and a vest also. It arrived this past weekend and fits and looks perfect. Indy kept in constant communication by email during the ordering process, and he expedited my order for a mere 10% surcharge since I needed it in 3 weeks. I will (attempt) to post pictures after the event, but for now I would highly reccomend his work.

Freeze

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Freeze,

I'm really looking forward to seeing these pics myself. Keep us posted.

On a side note, I finally got around to photographing all the linen swatches I have available. Here they are from left to right:

black, navy, petrol, silver, smoke grey, soft white, white
mc-swatch-1070b.jpg

dark brown, sage, sand, camel, caramel, natural, ivory
mc-swatch-1070a.jpg

It's a fairly good range of colours... all 100% pure linen. I'm hoping a friend of mine is going to commission a suit in this fabric. If and when... I'll post the results here. He's leaning towards a VERY late 30s design, single-breasted peaked lapels, half-belt back... perhaps even a double-breasted lapeled vest to match... :D

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hmmm... Would the linen be, well, "stiff" isn't the exact word, but substatntial enough to keep the peak lapel from flopping around?

What you're describing sounds kind of like what I'm thinking about. I can't decide between SB and DB, though. Definitely belted back, though.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Zach R. said:
My grandfather bought be a Washington suit in Dark Grey as a semi-Graduation gift, and already the wait is getting to me!:p

From the looks of it I'll be recieving a fantastic suit.

I know exactly how you feel, Zach. I've got a couple of things on order and it feels like I'm waiting for Christmas!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
my Magnoli suit

The suit I'm wearing in the Northern California gathering pictures at Le Colonial is Indy Magnoli's Washington suit. Be advised that the picture on his site shows flaps on the pockets: it has welt pockets.
It's a nice suit. I ordered before he added the option of classic tighter arm holes so I guess I'll just have to order another custom suit from him.:p
First I have to raise the money.:(
I recommend his suits and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

drownman

New in Town
Suit ordered!

Yesterday I ordered a custom suit, an early x-mas gift from mom and dad. SB, peaked lapels (I recently learned that it's lapEls, not lApels as I thought :)), with a 'bold' look. I haven't decided fully on the color, but I'm thinking a light/medium dark brown, with white pinstripes. And maybe the vest in another color, haven't decided on that either...decisions, decisions!

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Stupid Question:
Is the Three Piece Tweed based off Henry Jones Sr's suit from the Last Crusade?
I need on eventually for when I get my PhD and need that classic Professor look.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Trotsky said:
Stupid Question:
Is the Three Piece Tweed based off Henry Jones Sr's suit from the Last Crusade?
I need on eventually for when I get my PhD and need that classic Professor look.

Yes, it is, except I added notched lapels onto the waistcoat which weren't on the original "costume".

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Tony in Tarzana said:
I must compliment Indy on his suit material. Mine arrived packed into a box not much bigger than a shoebox, and when I unwrapped it, there were no wrinkles at all. I wore it to work on a hot afternoon, and after a 9 hour shift, still no wrinkles. My cheap suits wrinkle like an accordion in the trousers right where the legs meet the waist.

What was the namer of the fabric used in your suit Tony?

Do you know the weight of the fabric?

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Mr. 'H' said:
What was the namer of the fabric used in your suit Tony?

Do you know the weight of the fabric?

I believe Tony's suit was made of a Super 120 wool/cashmere blend, either a 9 or 10oz fabric. I don't have this exact fabric any more, but do have very similar ones.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Hi Indy, you certainly are getting some rave reviews around here; congratulations.

:D

I am certainly in the market for a suit. My biggest fear is trying to size myself up - I self measured before and it didn't work out [huh] . I did however get two custom tailored suits, and I could I suppose take the measurements from them....

What is the procedure regarding how to give measurements?

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points