Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maltese Falcon Replica

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
I rewatched the Maltese Falcon yesterday, and it reminded me of this thread.

Placed an order with Oz this morning. They look amazing on his website. Can't wait!

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
Captain Jacobi stumbled onto my porch and dropped this off yesterday. It's gorgeous!

RichardKW

New in Town
A package from Malta arrived yesterday, the great Ozymandius falcon.

Well, OK, it was not directly from Malta, but from Studio Oz in Florida. Truly, one cannot tell the difference from this bird and the bird seen in the film. My first thought, resisted of course, was to chip away a bit of paint to see the solid gold underneath.

Bargain hunters will do well to put aside temptation in the case of the Maltese falcon, and go directly to Oz. You will be very happy you did when a work of art arrives instead of a cheap imitation. I ordered the weighted version, which I highly recommend. Picking up the hefty 15 pound version promotes the illusion that, yes, under that paint is a solid gold bird.

Working with Oz was a pleasure. Be warned he has a wicked sense of humor, and has little patience for idiots, attributes I greatly admire. For the best Maltese falcon around, contact Oz at: ozdeshaw@live.com

Texas Raider

New in Town
A package from Malta arrived yesterday, the great Ozymandius falcon.

Well, OK, it was not directly from Malta, but from Studio Oz in Florida. Truly, one cannot tell the difference from this bird and the bird seen in the film. My first thought, resisted of course, was to chip away a bit of paint to see the solid gold underneath.

Bargain hunters will do well to put aside temptation in the case of the Maltese falcon, and go directly to Oz. You will be very happy you did when a work of art arrives instead of a cheap imitation. I ordered the weighted version, which I highly recommend. Picking up the hefty 15 pound version promotes the illusion that, yes, under that paint is a solid gold bird.

Working with Oz was a pleasure. Be warned he has a wicked sense of humor, and has little patience for idiots, attributes I greatly admire. For the best Maltese falcon around, contact Oz at: ozdeshaw@live.com

Please post good pictures! I have an idea, this might be my Christmas present....the stuff that dreams are made of.....

Texas Raider

New in Town
I just wanted to give you film noir fans a heads up on a recently completed replica sculpt of the Maltese Falcon.

100_1614.jpg
100_1621.jpg

It's currently in a limited, signed and numbered run over at the Replica Prop Forum with heavy weighted and cold-cast bronze versions available.

Just curious to see if anyone over here is interested.

Ciao
Actually I do! Got their URL address?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ