Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maltese Falcon

lastdiplomat

New in Town
Decodence said:
Pretty sure MK has debunked most of that.
I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything related to debunking any of the Falcons out there. Are you referring to the plaster versions I mentioned? Because I know the lead and resin birds are certainly legit. But I've never seen a plaster version myself so I'm only going by what I've read in articles stating who has/had one. I know Vivian Sobchack knows a great deal about the Falcon prop and she's apparently confirmed Risan's plaster versions are legit.

Decodence

A-List Customer
lastdiplomat said:
I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything related to debunking any of the Falcons out there. Are you referring to the plaster versions I mentioned?

Yes, I've never heard of a confirmed plaster of the falcon.

JavBanda

New in Town
Missing Dog

Sorry to be a pest, Does anyone have the skinny on Sam's paperweight dog that appears and disappears from Sam's desk in the opening scene?

Argee

One of the Regulars
JavBanda said:
Sorry to be a pest, Does anyone have the skinny on Sam's paperweight dog that appears and disappears from Sam's desk in the opening scene?

Just that it's much more likely to be an ashtray than a paperweight. Notice the ashtray we get a close up of later is not on the desk in that scene.

Fresno

New in Town
Decodence said:
BTW, no S&A office should be complete without this:

WHOLESETTEASE.jpg

This was done by some respected paper prop artists after 2 years of research. It is very well executed. The first run sold out but there is another run coming according to therpf.com (replica prop forum).

Argee

One of the Regulars
Speaking of the RPF, there's a current thread on the Falcon. There's about to be a run of a newly sculpted version. The sculpt looks as good as the MK version. Can't say it's better till the castings are created.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Fresno said:
This was done by some respected paper prop artists after 2 years of research. It is very well executed. The first run sold out but there is another run coming according to therpf.com (replica prop forum).
I know. I was on the first run.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Argee said:
Speaking of the RPF, there's a current thread on the Falcon. There's about to be a run of a newly sculpted version. The sculpt looks as good as the MK version. Can't say it's better till the castings are created.
I'm getting one, maybe two. Want one in cold-cast bronze, and maybe one in black resin as a spare for my MK.

JavBanda

New in Town
Thank you so much for your graciousness and enlightenment.
I am working on my collection, as to date I have The Falcon, Ronco lighter, Bull Durham, Sengbush inkwell 1930's stamps, still searching for the carafe, stapler,lamp and of course the elusive sitting dog ashtray.

Justin B

One Too Many
I'm a dingus lover too. (That sounds sorta wrong now that I think about it...)

Got in on the last run of the RPF paper props. Really, really well made stuff. Have an el-cheapo fleabay version of the bird, want to get one of the new ones, but that'll be after the first of the year. I'm working on collecting the rest of the props mentioned plus a replica webley and of course my Bogart edition fedora.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Any updates or pictures of how the office turned out. Very interested in this thread. I am studying to be a PI so when I retire from the PD in 5 years I will probably do that. Always wanted to set my office up like Spade's. Would love to work my PI business out of an office like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana