Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Foofoogal

Banned
USN Seabee 1944!

Wow, are you really a Seabee?
My dad joined the Seabees the day after Pearl Harbor. He was in Papau, New Guinea. For 6 months he was announced Missing In Action. My mom left with 2 young boys had a nervous breakdown. Seems he was in a hospital with malaria and they found out who he was eventually. All got better and he and mom went on to have 9 more children.
I have some old photos I believe are from the seabees but no writing on back.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That old 'Black Magic' going on there Chad!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCLZHgJEF3s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCLZHgJEF3s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

To the Lounge's very own magician...

Whether it's Voodoo, Black Magic or Witchcraft...you've got something great going down there Chad..what a sharp looking gent :eusa_clap

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
LocktownDog said:
An shot of me earlier this morning.

photo1.jpg

Is it just me or does this picture remind anyone else of Pierce Brosnan?
Laws%20of%20Attraction%20-%20Movie%20Wallpaper%20-%2001.jpg

kmike1918

New in Town
Foofoogal said:
USN Seabee 1944!

Wow, are you really a Seabee?
My dad joined the Seabees the day after Pearl Harbor. He was in Papau, New Guinea. For 6 months he was announced Missing In Action. My mom left with 2 young boys had a nervous breakdown. Seems he was in a hospital with malaria and they found out who he was eventually. All got better and he and mom went on to have 9 more children.
I have some old photos I believe are from the seabees but no writing on back.

Wow thats awesome about your dad! The Seabees are a branch of the Navy that really get overlooked! I'm not a Seabee in real life.
I am part of a living history group who portrays WW2 to the public so that we can make them aware of the history of WW2.

Thanks!

Mike

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
LocktownDog said:
Its just you. lol Get those eyes checked!

LOL, that could be it. Seriously though it's something about either the nose or chin but anyway.

And I won't even mention who this reminds me of.
( I notice weird things about people that remind me of other people)
((Or maybe I'm just weird))

xmas2.jpg

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
These are wonderful photos! I really liked the B&W ones because they looked like they were taken in the era. Perhaps I can toy around with my cellphone and come up with some photos soon. I enjoy wearing my Panama hat in the spring and summer months and I just ordered a new Hawaiian shirt. Kinda influenced by my Charlie Chan novel I’ve been reading I guess lol ,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points