Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men who can cook.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
What if there are two of you?

Rosie said:
The cook in me ... can't stand to see anyone else in my kitchen, not putting in enough seasoning, not searing properly :mad: it can really drive a girl batty. I'm more of the "I'll cook, you sit and wait for me to serve you" variety.

If both you and the gentleman were like that - Battles! :)

It really, really bugs me when someone tries to "help," by lowering a burner, stirring, putting away a knife on the counter...

Get out of my Kitchen! lol

So what I do is assign the helpful person the role of bartender.

GOK

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
That's why oysters are such a good datingmeal:D

Ewwwwwwww! :( I've changed my mind - I'm not coming to you for dinner after all!! lol

scotrace said:
If both you and the gentleman were like that - Battles! :)

It really, really bugs me when someone tries to "help," by lowering a burner, stirring, putting away a knife on the counter...

Get out of my Kitchen! lol

So what I do is assign the helpful person the role of bartender.

Or just tell them if they really want to help, they can wash and wipe up as you go along! :D

I think that at least some of the time, those that are used to cooking just feel a bit like a spare part when someone else does all the work. I know I feel as though I ought to be doing something when someone cooks for me - I'd feel incredibly guilty just sitting there, waiting to be fed!

Being the bartender is a good idea but not exactly a long-lasting job if there are only two of you!

Jovan

Suspended
I love cooking. I've gotten into it so much in the last year or so, and it really does beat TV dinners or ramen noodles both in how much you spend altogether and the taste and satisfaction. The only pre-prepared foods I ever eat anymore are frozen pizzas (when I feel particularly lazy) and stuff from restaurants.

Now, on the other hand, it hasn't served as much of a "chick-magnet" for me, especially since I haven't dated anyone in the last year and half. Girls my age don't seem to appreciate it much or notice, but I'm glad that a lot of you do. :)

RedPop4

One Too Many
I enjoy cooking and baking.
MrsRedPop and I use the same basic techniques on certain dishes, red beans, red gravy and meatballs, so we can help each other if need be.

If people are over, I will ask questions and advice, but do it myself. I don't mind if they wipe or wash, but don't want them picking up from under me.

Jovan

Suspended
Mr. Rover said:
Welcome to the lounge, Jovan. How old are you, if you don't mind me enquring?
Early 20s is all I'm gonna say. Because then everyone will look up a Jovan, x years old, in Florida! AND THEN I'LL GET STALKED!!! :eek:

Or something.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
"Ewwwwwwww! I've changed my mind - I'm not coming to you for dinner after all!!"

Gok, you dont have to eat them. Just watching a man batteling with opening of oysters can be great fun - and very intriguing;)

Rafter

Suspended
GOK said:
I don't find a man that cooks sexy per se, what I find attractive is his appreciation of good food. However, when push comes to shove, I'd rather he order a takeaway and lavish his attention on me than have to share him with the preparation of an elaborate dish! ;) lol

GOK, I appreciate good food & beautiful women!!!
I'll order take out for you anytime!!
Unless you want to take a gamble on my Pasta Fazul.
You'll find it extremely hearty and satisfying!!!

Jovan

Suspended
Almost everything I eat now is made by my own hands in some way. It really is a more satisfying feeling to eat something that you put love into most of the time.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
From my experience, it seems that nowadays a lot more guys are entering the kitchen and exploring with tastes. It's not so much woman-do-the-cooking thing anymore...which is kind of amazing and kind of unsettling at the same time.

My guy is obsessed with cooking and finding new flavors. I think it's incredible --fun things happen when you throw both of us in there--foodies + kitchen=madness! :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've cooked since I was a kid. My mother, who was a widow, would frequently come home from work and say "Well, kids, you're on your own". So we learned. I have a suspicion that the old saw about men being the best chefs is based on women being kept out of the profession at the highest levels for so many years. I suspect that there are just as many top level female chefs as male today, or close to it. But I must admit the cleaning up part is still somewhat of a uhhh . . . . errrr . . . . challenge.

Jovan

Suspended
What did I say? I can't remember. Ramen noodles can be useful as quick side dishes, I'll say that much. Eating nothing but them is anything but good for you.

Bebop

Practically Family
I have been rather spoiled by my own cooking. When I go to a restaurant, I start to complain about how the dishes are not how they should be and how what they should have done is this and that and blah, blah, blah. I end up thinking that I should have just made the dish at home, enjoyed it much more and saved a couple of $. Don't I sound like a fun guy on a Saturday night? :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112