Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men who can cook.

Jovan

Suspended
I still enjoy a meal or two at the local family restaurants and pubs from time to time. Yeah, it's not gourmet, but it can still be tasty. While I do have much developed tastes from what I used to, it hasn't necessarily "spoiled" me.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Jovan said:
*raises hands and jumps in the air*

In my humble opinion, that makes you quite a catch! ;)

Most fellows I've met who say they can cook mean that they can boil up spaghetti and pour bottled sauce over it.....:eusa_doh: lol

I love to cook myself, when I get a chance... and I'm not talking about cheating with bottled/canned sauces either, unless I made and bottled 'em myself!

On the other hand, I've done things where you almost couldn't tell I started with Hamburger Helper...

The big difference between the two is I only do hardcore cooking (an all-day process) when entertaining company, and the 'Burger Helper cheat' is when I'm with relatives after about an hour of gut-rumbling and nobody else showing signs of being on for mess-call. Or throwing something together for unexpected visitors...

Jovan said:
Pft. I make my OWN sauce.

Hey, so do I--it's just when I do, I also package some up for a "quick-fix" situation later. Nobody specified WHEN you had to make it, as long as you made it yourself...:D lol

EDIT: :eek: Computers in the kitchen? You're almost a bad as I am;)--my laptop also contains my "recipe box"--how's that for geeking out a kitchen? :eek:

Jovan

Suspended
People worry about me jumping on the computer for a bit when cooking because well... my computer's actually upstairs. The fish filets were baked in the oven though, which is an underrated way to cook meat since you just have to listen for when the timer goes off. It was blackened with some Chef Paul Prudhomme's and topped with melted butter and some parsley. I'm proud of myself, and have some left for tomorrow!

Yeah, speaking about that, I always make enough sauce etc. for another time, so I can quickly have a meal without needing to make it every time.

Jovan

Suspended
Don't use an apron. Actually... this is sort of embarrassing to admit in real life, but I dress in a proper shirt and trousers so I can feel suave when cooking. Like Jack Lemmon in The Apartment.

koopkooper

Practically Family
does cooking a tv dinner count??? Am excellent at puncturing the plastic wrap and putting said dinner into microwave. I can even read the packet to ensure I put the timer on correctly. Now that takes skill folks.;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My Risotto Alla Tomasso has been known to weaken the resolve of many a young lady. ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
CanadaDoll said:
But now that we're on to him....lol
Sorry ladies, you will be powerless against the effects of my risotto. [huh]

It really isn't fair.:eek:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
thebadmamajama said:
So, now the question is, gentlemen, WHAT do your aprons look like? [huh]
Shoes018-1.jpg

Forum statistics