Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Underwear Basics: Underwear, Undershirts

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Mine is gone and it's gonna stay gone :).

Dear Santa:

f02664_dt.jpg

Hammelby said:
A tip on undershirts!

Dovre is a old norwegian brand (founded 1922) and still has one
nice longsleeved undershirt with buttons in their collection.
Dovre is known for their good quality.

Here is the undershirt "grandad" (bestefar).
(but not sure wich decade it was popular).

image2.jpg

The brand's homepage: http://www.dovre.com

In the US I think this is called a Henley shirt.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Ho, Ho, Ho!!!

scotrace said:

Dear Santa:

f02664_dt.jpg

Christmas comes early, my friend! Look what I just spied in the the JCPenney Fall/Winter 2006 Catalog...

yoke_front.jpg

Available in sizes 32-44 even ($16.00/pkg. of 3) AND sizes 46-54 even ($21.00/pkg. of 3) for us bigger guys! Order them now and maybe they will keep this item permenantly in stock!

Can it be...traditional men's fashion becoming mainstream once again?? Who'da thunk it?? ;)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Too bad they don't come in a 28 inch waist...

I live in Taiwan (a subtropical island in the Pacific Ocean) and I wear an undershirt with my dress shirts everyday. I used to wear Gap shirts but now I wear Hanes undershirts. They're really lightweight and thin but I find that they are still cut quite close to body. The only problem is they wear out quicker, so you may have to buy new ones more often. I get mine at Target.

Rooster

Practically Family
scotrace said:

Dear Santa:

f02664_dt.jpg
Hey boys, these are on sale right now at Penny's. $9.00 for a 3 pac. I had to order them, be here this friday.

celtic

A-List Customer
BigSleep said:
Just wondered if anyone else finds the old "wife beater" style of undershirt useless?

They dont keep me warm.
They dont protect my shirts from under arm stains.

Not sure what good they are unless you where them as a tank top.

Am I missing something?

2 valid uses:

they help keep my shirt from pulling out of my pants...i would guess it has to do with static cling and/or friction :)

if i'm wearing a polo shirt that has a logo, patch or embroidery on the breast, the tank top prevents the usually annoying scratchy logo to become less annoying.

i used to wear a-shirts (wifebeaters) all the time, but i haven't bought them in a long time and have since switched to v-necks or crewneck undershirts.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Underwear Essentials

Bugsy said:
For confirmed boxer wearers, the tie back boxers from Brooks Brothers are great, pricey but great.

On the subject of underwear and trad items.. what about sock suspenders?? How many of you have ever worn them? or possibly wear them on a regular basis? I could not possibly conceive leaving the house without my socks properly supported by my sock suspender.. unless of course I am sporting plus fours!
RBH

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Sir RBH said:
On the subject of underwear and trad items.. what about sock suspenders?? How many of you have ever worn them? or possibly wear them on a regular basis? I could not possibly conceive leaving the house without my socks properly supported by my sock suspender.. unless of course I am sporting plus fours!
RBH

I haven't, but some here do. There's a discussion of them (along with shirt garters) in this thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4555

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21