Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Yesterday a colleague expressed surprise that I was not wearing a military sweater. I had to explain to him that the Guernsey is very much a military sweater, with a long and honourable association with the Royal Navy. I was surprised that he didn't know this.

Wells

Familiar Face
Typical bathroom mirror 'seflie'...
Canadian Forces Rifle Green wooly.

:)

Attachments

• woolypully.jpg
    woolypully.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,385

Yarbles

New in Town
I've got a few of these jumpers - Australian army versions

Also an Austrian army jumper made from dachstein wool ....not really a wooley pulley

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Typical bathroom mirror 'seflie'...
Canadian Forces Rifle Green wooly.

:)
That is a great looking sweater. I had a Canadian Army woolly pully when I was at university and, like tropicalbob, would like to source another one. Like Stevieboy, I have the moss green version which is a very similar colour - one among my ridiculously large collection of WPs!

Wells

Familiar Face
That is a great looking sweater. I had a Canadian Army woolly pully when I was at university and, like tropicalbob, would like to source another one. Like Stevieboy, I have the moss green version which is a very similar colour - one among my ridiculously large collection of WPs!

There are an abundance of small size sweaters at my local surplus store. But, unless you're a Extra Small, Small or a Medium, I'm afraid I can't help you.

If anyone would like me to take a look for a Canadian Forces wooly pully, just shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can do.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
There are an abundance of small size sweaters at my local surplus store. But, unless you're a Extra Small, Small or a Medium, I'm afraid I can't help you.

If anyone would like me to take a look for a Canadian Forces wooly pully, just shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can do.

I shall be sending you a pm about this!
Have been wearing Royal Navy woolly pully today (cf. cuff photo!)

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I was wearing my navy woolly Pully last night, the weather is still cool enough to do so.

(For some reason, I don't seem to be getting so many notifications from this site about threads that I have posted on, hence delay in replying sometimes)

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
... And I have been wearing my Army Woolly Pully over the weekend and Navy today! Yes, I'm pleased to say it's still cool enough especially mornings and evenings.

Yarbles

New in Town
A shame they don't issue them now. Still issued here in the UK. Were you in the ADF?
No , but some of my buds from school were .... I'd say they earned theirs...I had to buy one with.

I bought my 1st one for 50$ waaay back .....outgrew it and bought a more modern one a decade ago. You can buy em cheap still in disposals stores.

My bro In law is a unit ....wears one with nothing underneath ( he's kinda hairy so the wool probly doesn't itch)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto