Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Sonero

Practically Family
Received my SOLENT Shawl Collar by OKW today....among several others.

I love the front of this sweater. Included thumb loops on the sleeves. Undervalued beyond belief for $99 USA.

Photo on 12-26-17 at 5.57 PM.jpg
Photo on 12-26-17 at 5.56 PM.jpg

Wood Buttons.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I have a nice blue all-wool Brigade Quatermaster wooly pully, size 44 - love that sweater...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I meant to post the message below as a reply to Sheepdog149. Here it is again:

They really are very good - I often wear Navy blue although I have a wide choice of colours as I have so many of them!

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Received my SOLENT Shawl Collar by OKW today....among several others.

I love the front of this sweater. Included thumb loops on the sleeves. Undervalued beyond belief for $99 USA.

View attachment 99731 View attachment 99732

Wood Buttons.

... And this was meant to be my reply to Sonero: I was only half awake this morning.

That is very nice: I wonder if OKW will have a New Year sale. ...

[I'm wearing my black WP today!}

I have actually changed into an Air Force WP for this evening: two military sweaters in one day!

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Again another fine Sweater and cardigan you have there. I was wearing a navy jumper underneath my Heather Mix Roll Neck yesterday, and will do so again later today as I going for a walk to the river and it is really cold here now. (At the moment I am in an Army WP., will change later)

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Thanks.

This is another winner with Harris Tweed patches instead of traditional military ones.

Great with corduroy pants or jeans and dark brown boots.

View attachment 99811 View attachment 99812

This increases my attraction to the idea of getting a Heather Mix rollneck WP (I currently only have the standard military version in that colour). For me the traditional military patches 'do' something for the sweater and so I would retain those. I would ask OKW to add epaulettes and a pen pocket, as they have done with the Navy rollback WP I bought from them a short while back.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Again another fine Sweater and cardigan you have there. I was wearing a navy jumper underneath my Heather Mix Roll Neck yesterday, and will do so again later today as I going for a walk to the river and it is really cold here now. (At the moment I am in an Army WP., will change later)

... And I am wearing the aforementioned Navy roollneck WP with epps and pen pocket added by special request by OKW.

Musher

One of the Regulars
This is an Italian military surplus commando sweaters from Sportsmans Guide. I always have liked military surplus wps because I was a poor boy in college and the ones I had in the Army got me through my college years.

Attachments

• 20171228_091917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 242

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Can anyone remind me how to attach a photo? I used to know but have forgotten - the symbols all look rather like Mayan glyphs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points